• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have gotten a little too emotional. I’m ok now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everybody does and 9 out of 10 times it's based off of the GFS (not directed at you), it's funny.... GFS shows torch - crickets, GFS shows a fantasy storm - celebration.

Not judging but it is comical

Beautiful headed to Squaw Valley

IMG-20200107-095213208-HDR.jpg

This historically rare weather pattern has become increasingly prevalent in recent winters. Having its origins rooted in ancient Hebrew texts, the SaTahn pattern features stable, flame-like inverse T-shaped ridging encompassing much of the CONUS. At higher latitudes, the symmetrical lower height anomalies sit snugly underneath the "horn of fire" configuration, burning a hole through the heart of any chance for winter weather in the south.

1578419486872.jpg

This historically rare weather pattern has become increasingly prevalent in recent winters. Having its origins rooted in ancient Hebrew texts, the SaTahn pattern features stable, flame-like inverse T-shaped ridging encompassing much of the CONUS. At higher latitudes, the symmetrical lower height anomalies sit snugly underneath the "horn of fire" configuration, burning a hole through the heart of any chance for winter weather in the south.

View attachment 29910

I'm glad I didn't put money into model subscriptions this year. Now I can put it toward CBS all access to watch "Picard". Score.

I'm glad I didn't put money into model subscriptions this year. Now I can put it toward CBS all access to watch "Picard". Score.
I hate having to pay for that. But I'm going to. I can't wait!

View attachment 29910
Somebody has too much time on their hands

How did you like The Rise of Skywalker (without spoilers)? I saw it, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I liked it a lot. Borderline loved it. I was not a last jedi fan and I'm glad they generally corrected its gotcha elements in ROS. I thought they handled carrie fisher's death well and it had impact in the overall story. It's not wonderful cinema, it's a feel good space opera star wars movie and that's what it felt like. The ending was a little too easy for me but overall I liked the plot elements and I got a bit emotional toward the end. Tied everything up as best they could with the time they had. Good stuff. But I'm a NERD!!!

I liked it a lot. Borderline loved it. I was not a last jedi fan and I'm glad they generally corrected its gotcha elements in ROS. I thought they handled carrie fisher's death well and it had impact in the overall story. It's not wonderful cinema, it's a feel good space opera star wars movie and that's what it felt like. The ending was a little too easy for me but overall I liked the plot elements and I got a bit emotional toward the end. Tied everything up as best they could with the time they had. Good stuff. But I'm a NERD!!!

The funny thing is I enjoyed SW movies and games and TLJ killed the series for me and I refuse to watch the new one. Ready spoilers I think it’s stupid. They should have had Lia step out of the shadows at the last scene, say something about Kylo failing her and pull out a red lightsaber.

I think they did a good job as well. Lots of people complaining about open story lines and lack of character development but I mean who wants a four hour movie? I'll be riding the new ride in a couple weeks sounds like it should be awesome.

How did you like The Rise of Skywalker (without spoilers)? I saw it, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

After watching ROS, i've decided I agree that the entire 9 episodes is a story about a bromance between R2-D2 and C3P0 and the shenanigans they get themselves into.

I think they did a good job as well. Lots of people complaining about open story lines and lack of character development but I mean who wants a four hour movie? I'll be riding the new ride in a couple weeks sounds like it should be awesome.

I would have taken a 4 hour movie honestly. It seemed a bit rushed due to trying to fix TLJ elements and wrap up the story lines of the last 9 movies all in one movie. It could have really been 2 movies and may have been better IMO. But I would have been completely fine if they went out like Avengers End Game and just made a really long last installment. Realizing that though I was completely fine with how it ended considering the circumstances.

Lesson I hope learned by Disney, if you're going to plan for a new trilogy....write the whole story, pick 1 director 1 writer, and make that story come to life. Piecemeal, ad hoc, ala carte stories are not the way to do trilogies IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back