• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say it again like I did a few days back or so ALL DRINKS ARE ON ME EVERYONE WHEN THIS HORRIBLE EXCUSE OF A WINTER IS OVER WITH

Well the pattern better start changing fast because the "winters" are short in the south. As it gets late in the season and if the pattern don't favor cold and active storms, forget it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Are you officially about to cliff dive?

Might need a flooding thread soon. Crazy high rain total over the SE the next 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would give it a day or two and see what the models look like then, but the potential for a lot of rain is certainly there especially given the pattern.

The weekend storm system currently doesn’t look terribly bad from a flooding perspective in the southeast in my opinion. Looks like the flooding issues should be more to the northwest of here.

On Monday when the front pulls back to the north is when the flooding threat looks to take off as of now. Gfs has the good ole fire hose coming out of gulf then followed by several more with a day or so break in between. That in my opinion is when the flood threat should take off. Still a week away though and the weekend system could see an uptick in rain so who knows. Overall, I would give a day or two until a thread is needed so we can further see how things evolve. Should be interesting to watch.

This active rainfall pattern does make me wonder if/when the cold air does arrive could we see a big snow storm around here? Only time will tell.

Are you officially about to cliff dive?
No, but I will rant lol. I know the weather does what it does, but it's so uncalled for a warm pattern soon as we get into January. Like seriously, why does it have to be like that? Someone tell me how the annual average snowfall for Atlanta is 1.9" but yet Atlanta doesn't even get that per year? It's like when are we ever going to win during winter for once!

Write your social security number on your arm so we can identify you later after the storm...

I would give it a day or two and see what the models look like then, but the potential for a lot of rain is certainly there especially given the pattern.

The weekend storm system currently doesn’t look terribly bad from a flooding perspective in the southeast in my opinion. Looks like the flooding issues should be more to the northwest of here.

On Monday when the front pulls back to the north is when the flooding threat looks to take off as of now. Gfs has the good ole fire hose coming out of gulf then followed by several more with a day or so break in between. That in my opinion is when the flood threat should take off. Still a week away though and the weekend system could see an uptick in rain so who knows. Overall, I would give a day or two until a thread is needed so we can further see how things evolve. Should be interesting to watch.

This active rainfall pattern does make me wonder if/when the cold air does arrive could we see a big snow storm around here? Only time will tell.
Doubt it very much... cause when or if it gets cold. It will be dry as bone

Ouch, 0z GEFS shows the ridge holding it's place over the east by the 20th. Highly doubt there will be any winter storm chances with this. Winter is over far as I'm concerned. This sucks!
20c8e0a9757195e9fcc1b02b546bc898.jpg

Ouch, 0z GEFS shows the ridge holding it's place over the east by the 20th. Highly doubt there will be any winter storm chances with this. Winter is over far as I'm concerned. This sucks!
20c8e0a9757195e9fcc1b02b546bc898.jpg

Wow!!! I've never seen you get like this lol. Winter isn't over my friend, just a bad run. As long as we can score before the 20th, which is possible rest of winter can do want it wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back