• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple days ago I was supposed to get into the upper 20’s tomorrow and Wednesday night..if current mesoscale guidance is correct I’ll be lucky to hit 34 ??‍♂️ The winter that keeps on giving. Idk how we’re supposed to get s snowstorm if we can’t even get the thermometer to dip below 32

I'm giving it about 10 more days to see into Feb and see how the MJO progresses once it collapses. If theres still no hope for a pattern shift and the MJO stalls and goes back to the Maritime I'm throwing the pooping towel for the whole winter. As old timer southerners say "piss on the fire and call in the dogs it's over."

They're so lucky lol

IMG-20200106-113925619-HDR.jpg

IMG-20200106-101432841-HDR.jpg

I'll have more pictures when my signal is stronger

Just a couple days ago I was supposed to get into the upper 20’s tomorrow and Wednesday night..if current mesoscale guidance is correct I’ll be lucky to hit 34 The winter that keeps on giving. Idk how we’re supposed to get s snowstorm if we can’t even get the thermometer to dip below 32

Totally different pattern that’s how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's models are somewhat better than the old days. We use to track winter storms, only to see them disappear when we get into the short term. Now they don't even show up at all.
Plus, I think it actually used to get cold sometimes back in the old days.

Well I am older than you, plus I'm near the arctic circle so....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Both good points. I was thinking today though when was the last time there was true excitement about winter? Maybe in feb 2018?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back