• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move along son and pray for snow!

I honestly didn't mean anything toward him at all. I was grumbling at how bad the pattern looked. I don't really know how or where to follow all the solar wind stuff. If you ask the guy a question, he never ever responds, which I think is kind of weird. But whatever. I really didn't mean anything. But he got ruffled, which the overreaction was kind of funny.

I've always really liked his stuff. But in the end, I think it's like most of these other theories that are going down the drain as we speak.

Lord that was hillarious. So outta of character of him. Whats even funnier is a post mack made up at the top of the page from December, timing the mjo /solar wind post by him, claiming he (Mack) liked Jan 3 through 7 as our chance to get snow. Lol all we all got was sunburn. Mack the great,lol

What will it take to get out of this awful winter pattern of the last few years? Active hurricane season? Active tornado season? Deadly hot summer? Volcano eruptions? Active pacific hurricane season? Lucky? Or is it just a normal up and down pattern we have to deal with. It just sucks. I’m sure come September we will see these LR predictions of a cold winter and fall for it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord that was hillarious. So outta of character of him. Whats even funnier is a post mack made up at the top of the page from December, timing the mjo /solar wind post by him, claiming he (Mack) liked Jan 3 through 7 as our chance to get snow. Lol all we all got was sunburn. Mack the great,lol
He was probably a little perturbed that all the stuff he said about the solar wind and the projected MJO phases turned out to be completely wrong. Carry on. :)

I don’t, I just want this bad winter pattern of the last few years to stop. A normal winter would be great.

Trust me it will get cold again. We can’t stay in this bad pattern all winter long

What will it take to get out of this awful winter pattern of the last few years? Active hurricane season? Active tornado season? Deadly hot summer? Volcano eruptions? Active pacific hurricane season? Lucky? Or is it just a normal up and down pattern we have to deal with. It just sucks. I’m sure come September we will see these LR predictions of a cold winter and fall for it again.

Meteor?

Good morning ?

IMG-20200106-072632646-HDR.jpg

Can't wait for the rocking monster north Atlantic block in march and april. Bet march ends up cooler than january

That’s quite possible. Looking at the warmest DJFs like 1889-90, 1879-80, 1931-2, and 2016-7 at KATL, 2 of those 4 had a March that was BN and the coldest month of the season.

Last edited:
If we miss our chance then hopefully the Polar vortex will remain strong and near the pole so that we don’t get wasted cold in March and April which should support additional arctic ice reload. December 2020 will be Epic! Should I start the thread?

Last edited:
Wow, took a 2 week break from the models when the shut out pattern showed up before the holidays. Hoped we'd see the light at the end of the tunnel when I came back to work. Nope. Horrid. The eastern ridge/western trough pattern is not going away anytime soon. That nice active STJ gives us a nice warm bellywasher every week so there's that.....

The thing is, if I had to bet, this pattern set up in December is going to be set the rest of the winter. There never seems to be any flips anymore. Well at least until mid March as has been said. MJO seems firmly planted in the stank phases. Just terrible for us winter weather lovers. Moving on. Rant achieved....

The last time we had a -PNA for both Jan and Feb was back in the 90's. The last time we had 3 consecutive winters with a -PNA for Feb was back in the 70's. But that is on the table depending on how this Feb turns out.

Makes you wonder if we could be moving away from a +PNA dominated winter patterns to more -PNA dominated winters.

EDD_0uw0rC.png

The last time we had a -PNA for both Jan and Feb was back in the 90's. The last time we had 3 consecutive winters with a -PNA for Feb was back in the 70's. But that is on the table depending on how this Feb turns out.

Makes you wonder if we could be moving away from a +PNA dominated winter patterns to more -PNA dominated winters.

View attachment 29803
With the pdo diddling around negative or neutral it makes sense

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back