• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with experience on RDU ground stops or delays due to p-type issues? I tried google and not really any returns for concrete information or criteria. Zero issue leaving PGV ~3am Friday morning and being at RDU by 5, flight leaves ~630, SEATAC, don't want a delay with PGV still in on the action. I do like to drive in winter weather conditions in case that was not clear, just don't want to be parked at the airport.

by the overwhelming numbers of NC and SC posters, I'm assuming Tennessee Valley is out of the hunt on this one? Haven't followed the models at all...

I may take a trip to NC to experience the heavy band that sets up. Just bought a 4wd suv and it needs that snow button pressed again lol. It was great testing it out when the roads were snow packed on the last storm!

What's with so many people constantly posting Chris Justice and Brad P quotes, updates, tweets, etc. in the main threads. We could follow them and their trace of snow predictions if we wanted to!

I wonder with the improvements made to it if it is a case of the global models picking up on the basic threat for a storm, and then the NAM comes in for the short range and figures out the finer details.

Let's hope this is a good hand off from the globals to higher res meso models, and not an epic Butt fumble

The NAM is more in touch with the moisture available like the last storm. Crazy how much precip has fallen this winter. Record lake levels for Lake Lanier and nonstop feed from the STJ. Can't bet against the trend!

What's with so many people constantly posting Chris Justice and Brad P quotes, updates, tweets, etc. in the main threads. We could follow them and their trace of snow predictions if we wanted to!

I’ll be honest Chris justice is usually one of the more aggressive meteorologists. I think he’s leaning towards more then a trace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NAM is more in touch with the moisture available like the last storm. Crazy how much precip has fallen this winter. Record lake levels for Lake Lanier and nonstop feed from the STJ. Can't bet against the trend!

Which is why I don't get why some mets are going with the conservative approach. We have had so much precip here since November. Until you actually see that ending, why think it isn't going to be the same with this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back