• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, that storm was awful. 2” of sleet while the DC metro got 2’ of powder. ?
Heck, even Burlington NC got 6 to 8 inches of snow. Every model output had the triangle with 6 to 8 inches of snow. NAM said pump the breaks, warm nose it was and we had over an inch of sleet. Alamance, Guilford was mostly saved from it.

Heck, even Burlington NC got 6 to 8 inches of snow. Every model output had the triangle with 6 to 8 inches of snow. NAM said pump the breaks, warm nose it was and we had over an inch of sleet. Alamance, Guilford was mostly saved from it.
I lived in High Point then and all we got was sleet, too. I think areas just north of Greensboro made out a lot better, though.

20160123.accum.gif

would have bet the house that Burlington remained mostly snow. My timeline must be hazy.
I can confirm that as a resident in Burlington, we didn’t remain mostly snow. I remember it snowing from about 4-6 in the morning, putting a light dusting on the roads, then it sleeting until the evening when it turned into rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pattern and setups matter. NAM could stink again next winter it’s hard to tell with the lack of normality this winter. I want more case storms..Miller A and Miller B to see.

I can confirm that as a resident in Burlington, we didn’t remain mostly snow. I remember it snowing from about 4-6 in the morning, putting a light dusting on the roads, then it sleeting until the evening when it turned into rain.

Well lets hope this current storm in the making has nothing in common with that one. Of couse we have surface issues that we need obliterated by good rates and a complete lack of a warm nose.

Well lets hope this current storm in the making has nothing in common with that one. Of couse we have surface issues that we need obliterated by good rates and a complete lack of a warm nose.
Fortunately, I don’t believe this setup is similar at all.

Anyways, I have an 8 AM meeting tomorrow, but at this point I can’t resist seeing how Dr. No slaps us around tonight.

We trust any model that gives the most snow. Duh! Then we complain when it fails.

Fear not - WxWatch has issued his call for a 12 hour snow event for ATL. It is burning up Facebook. Apparently his 15k followers are big believers in the TSM (Theoretical Supposition Model).

BFFCB702-AF18-48B0-B83E-4DB0DD0A5C57.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back