• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of popular belief lately with the NAM and all..... the Euro needs to trend wetter and colder towards the other guidance by 00z tomorrow or something's up. Guess it's on to the ensembles. Probably a good bet to use them right now.

Regardless of popular belief lately with the NAM and all..... the Euro needs to trend wetter and colder towards the other guidance by 00z tomorrow or something's up. Guess it's on to the ensembles. Probably a good bet to use them right now.
I’m guessing the ensembles are going to look pretty bleak considering the op.

I really want to toss the Euro at this stage, but that’s a tough pill to swallow. Hopefully, we see more agreement tomorrow. We often do see precip further N/W than modeled with overrunning setups, so that gives me some some hope up in my neck of the woods.

I guess it’s NAM/GGEM/ICON vs. Euro/UKMET right now with the GFS straddling the middle somewhere, but taking a step towards the NAM/GGEM/ICON tonight. I kind of am okay with the UKMET being a southern outlier given its biases, but I’d rather not see the Euro so different.

It's not known as Dr. No for nothing

Now I'm remembering how the Euro kept saying no snow here the other week when the other models were hyped and boom it didn't snow

Every other piece of guidance has significant moisture getting North.. the Euro just kind of fizzles. It's making me really start to wonder if it's going to come in colder on subsequent runs here soon (maybe the EPS) and try to throw an old solution out again. I have no idea.. I don't think the deep South will see another 10 inch + type of op run.. but somethings up. Maybe I'm wishcasting slightly.

I can’t believe we managed to reel this one in ... from a dumpster fire winter to a statewide (I’m talking about NC sorry everyone else who’s not effected) fairly significant snow storm brewing in just several days now
If you live south or east of Greensboro you’re going to be very disappointed I’m afraid.

I lived in High Point then and all we got was sleet, too. I think areas just north of Greensboro made out a lot better, though.

20160123.accum.gif
Yes...pretty sure I got about 5-6" of snow just north of downtown Kernersville, but the southside of Kernersville had much less.

Not a single member that looks like the NAM. It would be an epic bust by the Euro it if all of a sudden flipped to something the NAM is showing. In my time following weather I don’t think I have ever seen it.

EPS has 8/51 over 2”. 1–2” max at best looks reasonable though.

50509955-C828-4E08-B4EB-295C47F47D1F.png

Not a single member that looks like the NAM. It would be an epic bust by the Euro it if all of a sudden flipped to something the NAM is showing. In my time following weather I don’t think I have ever seen it.

EPS has 8/51 over 2”. 1–2” max at best looks reasonable though.

View attachment 35165

The run-to-run swings on the EPS have been absurd with this storm, it's been anything but consistent w/ this storm the last few days.

The run-to-run swings on the EPS have been absurd with this storm, it's been anything but consistent w/ this storm the last few days.

Yeah, but kind of need the euro or uk to hop on board. Riding with the B team can’t be good. We are 60 hours from go time.

The UK did shift NW at 0z by a good margin

Yeah, but kind of need the euro or uk to hop on board. Riding with the B team can’t be good. We are 60 hours from go time.

The UK did shift NW at 0z by a good margin

The Euro has been extremely late to the party w/ the 2 winter events we've seen this year, I'm personally not too worried yet, especially since it agrees w/ the SREF, which is usually dead wrong at this stage in the game.

My goodness, the 06z NAM is mouth watering. From going to bed heartbroken by the Euro to seeing that first thing in the morning was quite the swing of emotions.

06z gfs tried hard to show a big storm at the start of March but looks to have just missed. Almost looks like a weaker/warmer version of 1993 but it will be gone by 12z. Still fun to look at.BB50DFD1-A847-4A21-918E-E37F5FFC2BA2.png

My goodness, the 06z NAM is mouth watering. From going to bed heartbroken by the Euro to seeing that first thing in the morning was quite the swing of emotions.
I no longer feel concerned by the euro being on the dry end of guidance. It's like the gfs coming north and the nam being too high on its qpf.

I no longer feel concerned by the euro being on the dry end of guidance. It's like the gfs coming north and the nam being too high on its qpf.
I'm kind of the same way but yet old habits die hard, NAM sucks and ride the euro..... Recent events tell us otherwise however. Still feeling pretty good about being North Northwest of the jackpot zone

I'm kind of the same way but yet old habits die hard, NAM sucks and ride the euro..... Recent events tell us otherwise however. Still feeling pretty good about being North Northwest of the jackpot zone
While it's trending better for Carolina folks, it's getting worse for GA. I think it's going to be just too warm for snow at this point outside the mountains.

Yeah idk what happened with the new euro upgrade but the op hates precipitation it was way too dry all summer and its been in the lower 25% of the mean most of the winter. Rarely is it ever equal to the mean or in the top 50%

Yeah idk what happened with the new euro upgrade but the op hates precipitation it was way too dry all summer and its been in the lower 25% of the mean most of the winter. Rarely is it ever equal to the mean or in the top 50%
Yeah all of these upgrades have made us rethink the model biases and is confusing the crap out of me. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back