• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now everyone turns to Twitter to their favorite meteorologists/scientists for reasons why the models are wrong and will flip back soon. We’ve seen this over and over. You can believe that the models are consistently wrong past 5-7 days even on warm patterns and will give us a new look in a day or two. It’s not over until it’s all the way over.

Me my wife and kids. Enjoyed our little mountain trip. The snow in Hendersonville Friday. And the snow up on Soco mountain yesterday. But I’m not throwing in the towel for accumulating snow at home. We got February even March. Maybe we won’t see anything. But I still have to believe there’s a chance even though it’s small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just figured out why Phil’s (@pcbjr) abode is also known as Hogtown! It makes perfect sense now.
Regarding the groundhog prediction, I agree winter is over if you only count through 2/20 or so.
The original settlement (where Westside Park is) ... it was a settler/Indian community that grew pigs and watered them in the creek (Hogtown Creek) ...

Those Feb and Mar JB maps were just updated last week in case folks don’t notice.
By the way, his Saturday Summary is once again very late getting on the few website. It was just put there even though it says it was done 16 hours ago. It used to get on the free site by Saturday afternoon. But not the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Okla City averages about what RDU averages for snow. They seem to be doing OK in this hell forsaken winter.

They go from the 70F’s to 6-8”.

DF0C96B1-99A0-4ED6-9C70-EDA4EF6B45A4.png712B4868-7115-418D-9509-A88C3741E378.png73E3C0E0-034D-4117-88A4-507343CA7A9F.png

Wow, JB actually referred to the GFS as “cold biased” in his Saturday Summary. Kudos! He almost never says that.

He also talked about being correct at 500 mb but that we unfortunately don’t live that high. That sounds like the infamous 2001-2 winter when the GFS cold bias was at its worst ever and he had one of his worst winter busts ever.

I have to give him a little credit. Doing these videos is probably not easy to do right now after his horrible bust to this point.

Last edited:
061bac50a887786241a28eb7f5588941.jpg

Yay more freakin rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back