• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely beautiful, SE ridge trending stronger on almost all modeling, and the GFS is supported by the GEFS!! Btw the GFS shows 591 dm heights making it near the Carolinas, which would be near record breaking, if you like severe weather, you’d really like this look, welcome to a -AAM !!! AFB200F4-8989-4540-BD68-C7666D62B620.gif5FD2D1B5-AE4E-484F-8103-26364551C685.gif

Still considering hitting up Winterplace this weekend to ski. Looks like it might snow...or rain. The latter would be awesome to be on the slopes when it's actually snowing. The former would terrible.

I'm basically punting the first half of February at this point. I just hope the last half of the month (like Feb 2015) or the first two weeks of March can save us from the humiliation of a shutout.

Absolutely beautiful, SE ridge trending stronger on almost all modeling, and the GFS is supported by the GEFS!! Btw the GFS shows 591 dm heights making it near the Carolinas, which would be near record breaking, if you like severe weather, you’d really like this look, welcome to a -AAM !!! View attachment 32624View attachment 32625

That reminds me I need a few new Polo Shirts for work this year.

I'm basically punting the first half of February at this point. I just hope the last half of the month (like Feb 2015) or the first two weeks of March can save us from the humiliation of a shutout.

I'd rather just have early spring and severe storm season at this point. Spare us of painful "close calls" and just rip the bandage off.

WHO just declared the Coronavirus a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. If you haven't been paying attention to this, it's probably good to start. Not any sort of a thing to panic about at this point, but you should really should pay attention.

WHO just declared the Coronavirus a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. If you haven't been paying attention to this, it's probably good to start. Not any sort of a thing to panic about at this point, but you should really should pay attention.
I can't get surgical masks, n95 masks or protective eyewear in stock already. Good grief

I know the blizzard of 93 was a once in a lifetime event, but I remembered that winter as a warm one up until that day. I looked back on the data and saw that jan 1993 was very similar to this Jan. Feb 1993 cont'd warm. March was warm up until the eleventh.In fact the high in birmingham on the tenth was 74 degrees. On the twelfth, was the blizzard. I guess that's why I still fall for those 300hr snow fantasies. Maybe something could still happen to salvage this winter?

I can't get surgical masks, n95 masks or protective eyewear in stock already. Good grief
I know it. Crazy. You'll have to go to Lowes or HD or some other hardware store and hope that they're not out.

Carolina ski resorts won’t make it to the first week in March..after this weekend it’s mostly 50’s and 60’s. Snow base will dwindle rapidly. I’m afraid everyone is going to try to make it out to the slopes this weekend. She’s going to be packed OUT smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back