• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I’m thinking the only way anyone sees anything in the south east would be with a CAD event .. if that SER rages like it’s showing only way we’re going to combat it is through big systems moving in leaving some cold air behind and hopefully getting another on it’s heels .. if not we’re royally screwed
Uh oh! Man down! We're even losing the optimists now guys. ?‍♂️

2 weeks ago I thought February was going to be cold with below normal temperatures for most of the month. That's not looking that way now. Let's be honest here, nobody knows how exactly the weather is going to shape up, we can just make best guesses, and sometimes those guesses don't go as thought. The way this winter has been, I think it will continue the way it has been going. As we know, the moisture isn't the problem, the lack of cold air is the problem. Even if it does get cold enough for snow, the moisture is long gone. I'm afraid this isn't our winter as I thought it was going to be.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

My bold predictions for the rest of the winter:
  1. No measurable snow for pretty much the entire Deep South, ATL, GSP, and RDU.
  2. February is 2-4°F AN with one day having highs near 80°F
  3. March is about 5°F BN. In Late March, a flizzard occurs for parts of NC west of I-85, similar to what we had last year in April. East of I-85 gets rain only.

3. March is about 5°F BN. In Late March, a flizzard occurs for parts of NC west of I-85, similar to what we had last year in April. East of I-85 gets rain only.

The only bold thing here is the feb anomalies.

I'll get bold too +8-11 for Feb one of the warmest on record.
-6-9 for march with accumulating snow south of I20.

Last edited:
That would be the normal. We know for a fact some weird random winter event will likely happen in March, possibly early April. It's done that several years in a row now.

That's actually not a bad prediction, it's realistic the way this winter has been going.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I can assure you that the 2019 April blizzard of the century struck east of 85 too

The only bold thing here is the feb anomalies.

I'll get bold too +8-11 for Feb one of the warmest on record.
-6-9 for march with accumulating snow south of I20.
After the past few years I associate February with warmer weather than March. It really puts it into perspective how unusual February 2015 was.

Please happen on a Saturday or Sunday, and be sunny! I'm ready to spend the day outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back