• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I still think last winter was worse... All that hype and waiting for nothing... just wait til "___" was prevalent

Dunno about everyone else but I never have been hyped about this winter after that debacle
Last winter at least had a winter storm for a significant amount of the southeast in early December, and was somewhat cooler. This winter has had nothing notable outside of the mountains aside from a few token flakes in mid-November for a few areas.

Last winter at least had a winter storm for a significant amount of the southeast in early December, and was somewhat cooler. This winter has had nothing notable outside of the mountains aside from a few token flakes in mid-November for a few areas.

fair... there was no storm over here so I guess that's where I'm coming from

2020 has been plagued with warm Miller A’s..I think this puts the “Give me moisture first.” argument to rest
You always, always, always need the cold in first and something to lock it in for as long as possible. You need the coldest you can get, too, as it will always be modified a great deal. Then take your chances with moisture. Cold is always first, primary and essential. Moisture is about the 3rd or 4th component.

This winter isn’t even in the same ballpark as last winter as bad as it was. At least last January was close to normal temp wise and we even had a snow shower or two. I’ve never seen anything like this and I would t be surprised if KATL has as little as ten freezes this winter season.

This is complete and total poop. This winter is horrific without question. We have daffodils in bloom as well as cherry blossoms. There have been mosquitoes as well.
I've got a daffodil that just opened and I'm starting to think the maples are about to bud out as well. This is just ridiculous. I hope we at least have a cooler than normal summer.

I've got a daffodil that just opened and I'm starting to think the maples are about to bud out as well. This is just ridiculous. I hope we at least have a cooler than normal summer.
Cooler summers do not exist anymore either. Warmth wins year round now.

The GFS, yet again shows another fantasy historical winter storm in the southeast by mid February. These "winter storms" keep getting pushed back, when are we going to get something that's not in the 2 week range? I do think the southern branch is going to remain active, but the real question is, will we get the cold? I'm not going to get sucked in this time around.

The GFS, yet again shows another fantasy historical winter storm in the southeast by mid February. These "winter storms" keep getting pushed back, when are we going to get something that's not in the 2 week range? I do think the southern branch is going to remain active, but the real question is, will we get the cold? I'm not going to get sucked in this time around.
I think ur right we need those cold and big beautiful high pressures to come streaming down... we’ve been dominated by low pressure all winter and maybe some 1030 highs up in New England ... Gfs brings the goods with the high pressures down the road + the continuing active jet and you can see what you get out of it ... question is if we really actually get those high pressures ?

Careful you might get accused of talking about AGW in the wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh well! I've upset a lot of people the other day when I didn't buy the fantasy storm for the 7th when the GFS kept spitting it out. We're in trouble through mid February. But at least the PV may get shaken up by then and after it dumps into the northern Rockies its anyone's guess what happens then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back