• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ski resorts in the high mountains of British Columbia, Canada have been getting hammered with snow! The photo is from the Sun Peak Resort webcam. The snow report from there, the mountain top has about 72" of snow!

View attachment 32515

MBN having a literal firehose from the STJ traveling right into your area but not having to worry about rain, lol

Can’t wait to see if we can get a 3rd straight Niño next winter! I’m sure it will be sucktastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These pseudo-borderline-unofficial Niños are getting old. I want a La Niña, 2017-18 was a Niña winter and December/January was below normal with a few winter events.

These pseudo-borderline-unofficial Niños are getting old. I want a La Niña, 2017-18 was a Niña winter and December/January was below normal with a few winter events.

We're about to return to La Nina like conditions for the frist half of Feb. Enjoy!

Mean while, in our neck of the woods, if this holds true, we'll be entering the "battle zone" of winter and the ugly SER. This pattern is looking like overrunning over the Southeastern US, there would be more sleet/freezing rain events if it got cold enough around here.500h_anom.nh.png

Mean while, in our neck of the woods, if this holds true, we'll be entering the "battle zone" of winter and the ugly SER. This pattern is looking like overrunning over the Southeastern US, there would be more sleet/freezing rain events if it got cold enough around here.View attachment 32527
That's assuming there is a hp strong enough to allow it. If the SER gets muted sometime next month that will be our best chance.

This winter is overwhelming overrated and down right atrocious

It is overrated? I don't see anyone saying anything good about this winter. Now the forecasts were way off, but that happens often including last year's forecasting debacle and it will happen again and again because many prefer to predict cold winters. This winter won't be quite as bad as folks like JB had last winter as a top 10 coldest on record winter.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there were any snow storms, or any accumulated frozen precipitation in the Southeastern US during February, 1993? @GaWx may have an answer.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

It is overrated? I don't see anyone saying anything good about this winter. Now the forecasts were way off, but that happens often including last year's forecasting debacle and it will happen again and again because many prefer to predict cold winters. This winter won't be quite as bad as folks like JB had last winter as a top 10 coldest on record winter.

Yeah I still think last winter was worse... All that hype and waiting for nothing... just wait til "___" was prevalent

Dunno about everyone else but I never have been hyped about this winter after that debacle

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there were any snow storms, or any accumulated frozen precipitation in the Southeastern US during February, 1993? @GaWx may have an answer.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Late in Feb 1993 there was significant frozen precip in much of NC and even some in GSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back