• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've earned quite a reputation for being a debbie downer and a pessimist over my year on here. I'm not I assure you! I was an epic weenie and had my parents believing we were getting 30 inches of snow back in 2011 from a fantasy GFS run!
Since I've learned the hard way and in no way shape or form take these models at face value and to focus on pattern recognition. Most know that but some on here don't. The great JB says it's all about pattern recognition as well. Problem is he only sees favorable patterns for reasons probably relating to padding his pockets. There is no way he believes some of the things he spews. With that said I hope the board can see the optimistic side of me sooner rather than later. We'll get a good pattern one day.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the 2004 system in Raleigh. I was a freshman at State and we played snow football next to the cultural center. We didn’t get but about 5-6 inches total from it due to a lengthy sleet changeover though.

615c3597f77735ab5fe656c587cb6efa.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting take. Raleigh’s has had a lot of big events since 2000...by my count 10 of those 19 years had a 4”+ event with all 10 of those winters above climo (6”) for the season. 7 of those years had a 6”+ event. We would be crushing it if the Feb’s had been producing too. Maybe we turn that around in the next couple of seasons.

Disappointing watching the radar light up with echoes just to my south, we were close to actually having something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back