• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be epic when that Feb 7 storm turns into a 60 degree cutter

The fact people even talk about the GFS past 180 is laughable. It is THE WORST global model by far outside 180 due to the cold bias. CMC is better.

I only looked past 180 on the GFS for a specific storm during the period a few weeks ago when we had a ton of 200-240hr ensemble support. Otherwise you better not even look.

1580229859844.png

Can we MAYBE make it 5 days with this general look or better? If we can I'm going to need to figure out a way to potentially get myself up to Lincolnton or maybe Greenwood, and both are not trips where other arrangements would be needed. Either an excursion with a friend, lying to my parents, or getting my dad to agree to just drive me (and my mom and the mom would be the hard part).

Edit: Only problem is its nighttime wet snow here. Ugh.

The fact people even talk about the GFS past 180 is laughable. It is THE WORST global model by far outside 180 due to the cold bias. CMC is better.
CMC has been absolute ---- this week honking a winter storm or two while the GFS/EURO said no.

View attachment 32392

Can we MAYBE make it 5 days with this general look or better? If we can I'm going to need to figure out a way to potentially get myself up to Lincolnton or maybe Greenwood, and both are not trips where other arrangements would be needed. Either an excursion with a friend, lying to my parents, or getting my dad to agree to just drive me (and my mom and the mom would be the hard part).

Edit: Only problem is its nighttime wet snow here. Ugh.
It would be funny if last year 85 and south who got shut out, are the ones who score, while the 85 north crew are the ones shut out.

It would be funny if last year 85 and south who got shut out, are the ones who score, while the 85 north crew are the ones shut out.
What would be awesome is if the entire SE got a snowstorm!

I-85 is such a loose term. For NC, shut them out and bring the southern I-85 people like us in ATL and N GA into the game too. In a good scenario I'd root for a nice Miller A for my benefit like Dec 2017. Haven't seen snow since that winter.

I-85 is such a loose term. For NC, shut them out and bring the southern I-85 people like us in ATL and N GA into the game too. In a good scenario I'd root for a nice Miller A for my benefit like Dec 2017. Haven't seen snow since that winter.

Yes ATL needs a true Miller A. The guys up north can score multiple ways we can’t. So Miller A or a crazy good front is my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, my model watching has already slowed down the past week or so. It's going to come to a screeching halt soon....very soon.
We’ll miss you man. Pop in to track some severe with us from time to time. It’s usually pretty lit here in the spring and summer. @Myfrotho704_ brings the noise

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back