• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overnight modeling leads me to believe we’ve fallen for another head fake.

Maybe so, but actually (I know, fwiw, of course), the full 0Z and 6Z GFS runs have been the two coldest runs in quite awhile in the SE with the 6Z the coldest. Believe it or not, and I know it is hard to buy this (I don’t blame you if you don’t), the 6Z GFS full run is actually slightly BN in the SE:

0F66700A-FEE7-42FD-AF07-538CD30E147F.png

When was the last time the SE had a 15 day period in winter slightly BN or colder? I’d think it would have to be January of 2018.

Where has Eric been? It's never a good sign when he isn't saying anything:(

And oh, I was seething about Crean. I was able to calm myself down by watching new favorite show as of a month ago (and ending in a few days, I missed the boat there), Homicide Hunter. It feels like its going in the same direction that last year went, but I don't really care anymore, as I'm no longer partaking in viewing it (and I will munch my crow if I'm wrong). I have things to do, but besides those things, I really need baseball to get here.

Ahhhhh.... Detective Joe Kenda. I, too, enjoy watching "Homicide Hunter."

Another thing that has made this winter terrible is our average H5 pattern we’ve fallen to these past few winters, @KyloG has the average H5 map if I’m not mistaken but we’re now dealing with a more average pattern that has a suppressed GOA/Aleutian ridge, -PNA, east coast ridge/SER, BN heights around the 50/50 area, and mainly a +NAO, ofc we don’t see this all winter and we currently don’t have this pattern now, but it’s been repeated to the point where it’s becoming more of a average H5 pattern we deal with, other things like the MJO probably has effected this aswell

Winters of 2017 and 2018 have featured a stout Aleutian ridge with a trough in the NW/W. This winter has been no different except we've had a consistent +EPO. Until we get Pacific SST's to change this will probably be the norm....atleast that's my novice guess. Hopefully this is just a rough cycle that we can climb out of...if not snow chasing in the SE won't be much fun.

compday.2XMtMQUI34.gifZBfxbaLznT.png

Ok if you're sure of it as you state, then there is no need in you coming in here to continually discuss winter weather. See you in the spring.
lol it isn’t already? If I leave until spring, who will be here to tell you guys how bad the Euro run is at 2am? I have to keep tracking for a mountain weekend. Towel is thrown for MBY. Expectations are now at zero

lol it isn’t already? If I leave until spring, who will be here to tell you guys how bad the Euro run is at 2am? I have to keep tracking for a mountain weekend. Towel is thrown for MBY. Expectations are now at zero
jimmy i think ya'll in the upstate will see flakes before all is said and done as for me the fat lady has done her thing

These are pics I actually asked my dad to take, when he was leaving from Honduras, when there was convection around, probably should of mentioned that

Yeah I was wondering about that anvil out there, wrote it off as a random cloud this time of the year, lol.

Hey guys. I just wanna take this time to spoof ice for my actions yesterday. I let what the other person said get to me and I reacted in a way I’m ashamed of. I’m really not a troll. Please accept this apology.

It’s all good man, we all love snow and hate warmth in winter. Snow is top priority for everyone and not seeing good signs tends to make people grumpy. We all have good days and bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back