• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in December 2018 I was lucky enough to be in that big snowstorm here in NC. I lost power at about 10am when I was snowing buckets and there was no way I was going anywhere. I was unprepared as I had no generator and or any source of heat. I had my 2 year old, and a 5 month old and I had no way of hearing bottles for the baby. I got lucky and power came back around noon, so all was good.

After that storm I got a kerosene heater for supplemental heat and a gas generator.

And it hasn't snowed in the SE since. I think I should donate the generator to my family in Wisconsin....

Holy -EPO!!!!!!!!!!!! Great for the upper Midwest/Plains (that's what -EPOs do), but would some of that make it down to the SE later or will it largely be resisted by a SER like sometimes happens? Fwiw, I still think 2/20-3/20 for a targeted 2-3 week cold dominated period.

View attachment 32161
View attachment 32162
View attachment 32163
And holy -PNA to go with it. Smdh give us a -EPO they said, it'll be fun they said.

Does the late week system (next week) discussion go in the Jan. thread or the Feb thread? I'm asking cause the storm system develops late week next week and tracks into the southeastern states during the 1st/2nd. I think it would be a good idea to have a thread for a storm system that has a lot of attention. Name the thread, "Storm System Monitoring" or something. Like the thread won't be a storm mode thread, just a monitoring storm thread...if that makes sense.

Reactions: IWC
Does the late week system (next week) discussion go in the Jan. thread or the Feb thread? I'm asking cause the storm system develops late week next week and tracks into the southeastern states during the 1st/2nd. I think it would be a good idea to have a thread for a storm system that has a lot of attention. Name the thread, "Storm System Monitoring" or something. Like the thread won't be a storm mode thread, just a monitoring storm thread...if that makes sense.
Discuss in either or but we don't need another thread now, I can't keep up as it is.

Discuss in either or but we don't need another thread now, I can't keep up as it is.
Alright, yeah there's a lot going on...it's hard for me to keep up as well. I'll just discuss it in the Feb. thread since the storm system tracks into the Southeastern states during the 1st/2nd time window.

This black mamba news got me all the way ufcked up

And his 4 daughters as well. Damn I feel sick. I pry for the wife right now. Losing your kids and husband is awful. I don’t know I would go on if my wife and kids .... damn - still might not be true as I see other reports but I hope it’s not true.

* say it was just one daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And his 4 daughters as well. Damn I feel sick. I pry for the wife right now. Losing your kids and husband is awful. I don’t know I would go on if my wife and kids .... damn - still might not be true as I see other reports but I hope it’s not true.

* say it was just one daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not seeing that his kids were on board. Man, I really hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back