• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
4c89694f41e23126afeda49c85f495de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The MJO guys probably need to shave the entire left half of the chart off for the winter months and save some ink.

Its annoying yes. But the teles never supported those crazy storms it was showing a week ago. There is simply not much cold anywhere in the country to tap. Was hoping we were headed to better times in February but the ensemble took a step back today as well.
Ughhh, getting set backs on the ensembles....I don't like the sound of that. February could be just as ugly as this month was. Don't get me wrong though, I'd like to get a cold February.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

To be honest, I still think the chances are that most of us in the northern parts of the SE (at least) score before the end of the winter. It may not happen, but the upcoming pattern isn’t horrible, at least, and the chances are low for NC folks getting skunked, statistically. It just doesn’t happen that much. I’m going down with the ship, if necessary.

Oh trust me I’ve had you on ignore for awhile
This is the last time I'm going to engage you. I've never seen anything from you since you've been here but one liners trolling people who point out warmth is winning and think it will continue. It may not be what you want to hear but if you think it's wrong at least offer some reasoning other than just saying "this is a ridiculous post." Good day sir!

This is the last time I'm going to engage you. I've never seen anything from you since you've been here but one liners trolling people who point out warmth is winning and think it will continue. It may not be what you want to hear but if you think it's wrong at least offer some reasoning other than just saying "this is a ridiculous post." Good day sir!
Why would I try and post something positive in here when it’ll just be shut down with why I’m wrong? I can’t win even if I tried. And go ahead and block/ignore me. I got better things to do then worry about who can and can’t read my stuff.

Ughhh, getting set backs on the ensembles....I don't like the sound of that. February could be just as ugly as this month was. Don't get me wrong though, I'd like to get a cold February.

It still could go either way honestly. The step back today was minor and we'll see how it shakes out. 4 whole weeks of Feb.

To be honest, I still think the chances are that most of us in the northern parts of the SE (at least) score before the end of the winter. It may not happen, but the upcoming pattern isn’t horrible, at least, and the chances are low for NC folks getting skunked, statistically. It just doesn’t happen that much. I’m going down with the ship, if necessary.

Good a voice of reason, this board has some issues with model hugging.....I totally agree NC and the upstates at least will see snow by mid March....probably a few times....we will get into that 2 week repeat where we will get a event probably over running the first time around followed by a bigger hit a few weeks later by a real coastal or a OTS track over the deep south. The pattern coming up is fine and it is impossible for the models to sort out all the different waves and timing etc....I bet most of NC at least ends up 100% of average in snow by Mar 15th. It did not snow here at all during the 2019 calendar year, the chances of that happening 2 years running is just nil to zero. In my 47 years I dont think that has ever happened.

I meant to clarify the step back was the EPS trying to develop a GOA ridge and -PNA day 14-15 and not snowfall. Havent seen the snowfall output. Let's hope the 500 mb look disappears quick. We can't afford to go through that again.

Even in NC I'm not confident. If we even get an inch of snow this winter I'll be shocked. I haven't seen a flake here since December 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back