• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to argue here. I get you're an optimist but if you're optimistic about a cold winter then it just isn't happening. Just look at the numbers. We would have to go in the deep freeze now and stay there until the end of February to have a chance and there is no sign of that happening.

Regardless of what March does it's not a winter month. The snowfall would go on the season but winter is DJF and the last what 9 or 10 have been AN? And that's not just a coincidence in my opinion. Its obvious something has changed with our climate. And whether its cyclical or not is another debate for a different thread. If me always saying warmth wins out everytime offends anyone then maybe they should ignore me.
I don’t think I’ve said anything about it being a cold winter...... I just think it’s a little premature to say a season is over when said season doesn’t end until a certain date.

I don’t think I’ve said anything about it being a cold winter...... I just think it’s a little premature to say a season is over when said season doesn’t end until a certain date.
Maybe maybe not. I guess it depends on how one defines winter. If you define it by whether you receive snow or not then yes its premature. Me personally I define it by my temp averages and snowfall. I've only punted the temp part of it. It's very possible this winter wont be an F. But it's also impossible for it to be an A also just because of temps.

Nice to see wrap around moisture with no cold air...what a joke! If this doesn't trend cold, this storm is over for snow for us down in the Southeast. I'm so annoyed about this!
1e33ca1e2ce98d39b93a2bd3ba5eacfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Nice to see wrap around moisture with no cold air...what a joke! If this doesn't trend cold, this storm is over for snow for us down in the Southeast. I'm so annoyed about this!

I'm not even going to get mad about that. We knew next weekend was too warm with no source of cold air. No surprise at all there. Now when we get to Feb and the decent pattern being modeled doesn't come to fruition and the long range looks like crap I'm going to be a little irritated by then.

Maybe maybe not. I guess it depends on how one defines winter. If you define it by whether you receive snow or not then yes its premature. Me personally I define it by my temp averages and snowfall. I've only punted the temp part of it. It's very possible this winter wont be an F. But it's also impossible for it to be an A also just because of temps.
Okay

February 7-8th is the one I have slight interest in. But as of right now chances are very small 20-30%. I’d say

S.E. R.I.D.G.E. This crappy pattern is NEVERENDING

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-180750.png
    Screenshot_20200125-180750.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
I'm not even going to get mad about that. We knew next weekend was too warm with no source of cold air. No surprise at all there. Now when we get to Feb and the decent pattern being modeled doesn't come to fruition and the long range looks like crap I'm going to be a little irritated by then.
I'm annoyed about it cause it's another Gulf low with no cold air. The GFS showed this exact storm being a massive snow storm last week and this is what we're going to get? A perfect low track with wrap around cold rain instead? Maybe if we do the reverse psychological thing (being negative) maybe something will give. I'd rather take 60° with rain instead of getting a low track like that with no cold air.

I'm annoyed about it cause it's another Gulf low with no cold air. The GFS showed this exact storm being a massive snow storm last week and this is what we're going to get? A perfect low track with wrap around cold rain instead? Maybe if we do the reverse psychological thing (being negative) maybe something will give. I'd rather take 60° with rain instead of getting a low track like that with no cold air.

Being negative does no good man

Its annoying yes. But the teles never supported those crazy storms it was showing a week ago. There is simply not much cold anywhere in the country to tap. Was hoping we were headed to better times in February but the ensemble took a step back today as well.

Frankly, I never bought into the late month being THE deal thing and no no no, forget everything else. It was something in freaking fantasy land and there was nothing scientific from that basis. If that was actually going to work, it was going to come from a closed off ULL. Instead it might be a big phased bomb where its probably just upslope that will be of interest but people west of I-77 in WNC might have reason to hold interest.

If anything becomes IT, we're gonna have to wait and see how this works itself out, and how the pacific works itself out. February is more likely to have something, if anything.

GEFS has been consistent with this. I'll take it tbh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-182754.png
    Screenshot_20200125-182754.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 37
Its annoying yes. But the teles never supported those crazy storms it was showing a week ago. There is simply not much cold anywhere in the country to tap. Was hoping we were headed to better times in February but the ensemble took a step back today as well.
@LovesSnowHatesRidges what could possibly prompt you to post that smart ass laughing reaction to this post other than trying to irritate me? There is nothing negative in here and everything posted is 100% fact and and anyone with a clue on here would agree on that. Please ignore me and I will do the same to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back