• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Williams

It's Rainin' Sideways!
Reaction score
We have a long way to go. Waiting is the hardest. I feel ya. I always expect the storm to go poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember storms where I've come home to 250 posts. The last storm I was genuinely excited about was December 2018 SMH. Though I shouldn't complain, I'm talking to the guy who until last week was under a 6 (I think) year snow drought.

NoSnowATL

Reaction score
I remember storms where I've come home to 250 posts. The last storm I was genuinely excited about was December 2018 SMH. Though I shouldn't complain, I'm talking to the guy who until last week was under a 6 (I think) year snow drought.
It would have been 6 years today I think. Last week snow was amazing. It’s ok to complain because we all love snow and want snow every week during winter. Now that I got mine I want everyone else to get there’s.

Thor

Reaction score
I think the really stressful part is we all know how rare even getting a storm to track is lately. Let alone actually producing. I honestly am just hoping for something I can drive to somewhat easily. Just trying to keep expectations low because it's been years. But "winter" is winding down and probably only a few chances left so it ups the stakes even more than normal. We all know the 90 degree days with 70% humidity are around the corner either way(or in Florida today). But we need those cold winter days to look back on when we are sweating our balls off for six months straight.

Ollie Williams

It's Rainin' Sideways!
Reaction score
I think the really stressful part is we all know how rare even getting a storm to track is lately. Let alone actually producing. I honestly am just hoping for something I can drive to somewhat easily. Just trying to keep expectations low because it's been years. But "winter" is winding down and probably only a few chances left so it ups the stakes even more than normal. We all know the 90 degree days with 70% humidity are around the corner either way(or in Florida today). But we need those cold winter days to look back on when we are sweating our balls off for six months straight.
It reminds me of sports in the sense that during a good season, I kind of expect them to win and feel that they could do it anytime. Though when they continuously lose, I feel that the team will never win again.

pcbjr

Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW ... my IMBY, selfish, needed 90% chance of tonight's rain and boomers forecasted less that 18 hours ago has gone away ... look at radar to verify ... not at all unusual ... so why the hell all the belief in and reliance on models 5, 8, 10, 15 days out ...
Just asking (and the reply probably will be a bit hot ... but, oh well) ....

tramadoc

Reaction score
You know what, it seems as if I'm not welcome here. The first time I came here, I was banned literally for no reason - the reason for being banned: it said, "for being a fuc**** c***

I gave this site a 2nd try and I created a new account, came back in 2018, and the same thing is happening. Everything that I post, gets "stomped" into the "dirt" and when I comment back to posters, at times things turn into arguments -- which gets a bit ridiculous.

If my prediction comes true, I'm sure you all would want me back....

I'm outta here....

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Seriously? Someone used fcking c*nt? I thought I was one of the few people that uses both of the C words all the time. You don’t hear a lot of southern guys using those words. I’m impressed.

Wildboutsnow

Supporter
Reaction score
Its a really exciting time to be a NASCAR fan. Lots of reasons to be optimistic about the future of the sport.
Love it but can't keep up with the rules. Rules Rules Rules. Still not loving the 3 stages but some do soo...And so much whining. Just race it up already and quit ya whining boyzzzz! Chase don't whine🥰

Last edited:

Storm5

Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
Reaction score
@ForsythSnow, is WxWatch banned or is he just inactive? I noticed his profile was unavailable.
He is no longer with us . And his situation won’t be discussed in any thread . Feel free to PM anyone staff if you have any questions

accu35

Reaction score
Gonna miss bro on here, he made crazy predictions but he had knowledge, hopefully he can return once more sometime, and not make such crazy/hysterical predictions, Anyways, end of story, And let’s reel that possible system in next week
Be funny if we get a system like "Blizz" next week and feel stupid for laughing at this guy.

Broken024

Reaction score
Seriously? Someone used fcking c*nt? I thought I was one of the few people that uses both of the C words all the time. You don’t hear a lot of southern guys using those words. I’m impressed.
Eh he could be lieing. Seems like he is a woe is me kind of person.
Be funny if we get a system like "Blizz" next week and feel stupid for laughing at this guy.
If it comes from Jamaica we welcome him and promote to a hero

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
Speaking to the weather model gods living in Jamaica is still wish casting as far as I'm concerned. I don't care to have the SouthernWX name associated with such dangerous wishcasting.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Gonna miss bro on here, he made crazy predictions but he had knowledge, hopefully he can return once more sometime, and not make such crazy/hysterical predictions, Anyways, end of story, And let’s reel that possible system in next week
Yeah it's kinda boring, as I can be, but there's no need to go as outlandish as he did on that round. Its better to be discreet, as I was last weekend when I said I think we have the potential to see 1 more deal. That was all, and that didn't see much focus.

Still do now. Very much do. But I've only waded in a bit because my eye wasn't caught until this morning when I woke up. If we get this deal to work its going to be more of one of our typical storms though. Which I welcome and it's fun to track. We haven't had anything to really track since December 2018.

I do understand saying something nutty is possible though somewhat. It's been so wet. Honestly does seem like a year to get a crazy severe event or a phased bomb snowstorm. But you don't predict that. That would be pretty darn crazy to.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
If we get a tropical system from the Caribbean that shoots north and becomes a snowcane with feet of snow... he can come back and take my mod spot. Geez, you ban someone people complain, you don't they complain, delete a post people complain, don't delete a post people complain, gripe, whine, complain.... wash, rinse, repeat. It's just weather people

ForsythSnow

Staff member
Reaction score
If we get a tropical system from the Caribbean that shoots north and becomes a snowcane with feet of snow... he can come back and take my mod spot. Geez, you ban someone people complain, you don't they complain, delete a post people complain, don't delete a post people complain, gripe, whine, complain.... wash, rinse, repeat. It's just weather people
People are like the weather, they can never make up their mind.

Thor

Reaction score
Keeps you in business though huh? Lots of MWS types out there haha.

Ilovesnow28

Reaction score
Honestly guys it's been 3 years since I've seen accumulating snowfall in Tuscaloosa along I-20 which is horrible and after looking at the 12z and 18z models is still barely gives this area anything... I mean I'm getting tired of seeing some of the same areas getting the goods... I hope and pray these models give this area something substantial because I'm still upset with this winter in general

Myfrotho704_

Reaction score
If the SE gets a winter storm next week, Mack should come back, bring the Mack attack troll pack back !!!!!

Broken024

Reaction score
Honestly guys it's been 3 years since I've seen accumulating snowfall in Tuscaloosa along I-20 which is horrible and after looking at the 12z and 18z models is still barely gives this area anything... I mean I'm getting tired of seeing some of the same areas getting the goods... I hope and pray these models give this area something substantial because I'm still upset with this winter in general
That is normal there

Status
Not open for further replies.