• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a camellia. They bloom anywhere from late fall until spring. I have 2 different varieties around, one being an early fall one, and the other being right now as well, but it's a different variety than yours.

I love mine. Nothing like seeing a rose like flower in the dead of winter.

Happens in winter a lot when gulf stream gets close, but water temps by Hatteras, about 10-20 mile offshore if that... is 75-77 in January at 35 north!

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=34.42;-75.19;6&l=temperature-2m

cdas-sflux_sst_watl_1.png

Gulf Stream is about 35 miles straight out from Oregon Inlet.

Reading between the lines...JB basically said on his Saturday summary that the southeast is done for winter...Enjoy the weather because it’s the only weather you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading between the lines...JB basically said on his Saturday summary that the southeast is done for winter...Enjoy the weather because it’s the only weather you got.

Good, that means we WILL see snow this winter. He isn’t good a prediction winter weather. He is pretty good during hurricane season.

Good, that means we WILL see snow this winter. He isn’t good a prediction winter weather. He is pretty good during hurricane season.

I just laughed when he was talking about the MJO and then said he wasn’t sure the cold would get into the SE.

I just laughed when he was talking about the MJO and then said he wasn’t sure the cold would get into the SE.

He sees what we see. He knows we are in a bad spot. He is hoping and praying for the same outcome. Like Webb said, It’s either going to work or it’s warm and no winter. I hate coin flips.

Done? It never started! Some of us here knew that for two weeks now if this pattern verified we were done. When JB can't even find a glimmer of hope in the long range to hype we're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back