• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Days 10-15 GIF for the EPN, GEPS, and GEFS...
0010824f8c2e2e674aff82ba62362463.gif
866b856cf657627c2dd7c08c7af8677b.gif
bccbbc2b234d8722fba0332e747b98cd.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've literally hit rock bottom. Not sure I've ever seen something so ugly in my 12 years of model watching.

We are well on our way to our 5th AN winter in a row. Last we did this was in 2005-2009. Prior to that I can't find where we had 5 AN winters in a row...and we haven't had 6. Maybe pre-1955 or something but didn't go back that far. Not even the crappy 90's had 5 AN winters in a row.

So, good news, odds are very high that next winter is BN. Of course, been saying that about RDU's inability to break 10" for seasonal snowfall...16 years and counting and previous longest streak was 7 years.

cd56.105.165.112.2.13.46.29.prcp.pngcd56.105.165.112.2.13.46.16.prcp.png

I most recently have had trouble making optimistic posts. I mean last year, other than the December storm, we didn't get any snow, I thought nothing could be worse than last year. Even during this time we still had storms to track. SMH

Today's installment for good news is EPS member. for north of I-85
nc snow 85.PNG

We are well on our way to our 5th AN winter in a row. Last we did this was in 2005-2009. Prior to that I can't find where we had 5 AN winters in a row...and we haven't had 6. Maybe pre-1955 or something but didn't go back that far. Not even the crappy 90's had 5 AN winters in a row.

So, good news, odds are very high that next winter is BN. Of course, been saying that about RDU's inability to break 10" for seasonal snowfall...16 years and counting and previous longest streak was 7 years.

View attachment 29609View attachment 29610
So really out of 15 years only 3 have been below? 09-10, 10-11 and 14-15? Not good odds going forward.

I most recently have had trouble making optimistic posts. I mean last year, other than the December storm, we didn't get any snow, I thought nothing could be worse than last year. Even during this time we still had storms to track. SMH

Today's installment for good news is EPS member. for north of I-85
View attachment 29612

This winter is way worse for a lot of people then last year. 29.4% snow cover in January is amazing in a bad way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is amazing how bad the last few years were and once we thought it couldn't get worse, we find ourselves with this winter.

You people are silly. Its January 3rd. Chill out.
Yeh man, I try to remember that. Well, until I am still saying it a week from now. Then 2 weeks goes by (half of Winter is over) then here comes Valentines day and nothing has still happened. Then we will start saying "Some of our biggest storms happen in March".. Then we get to March, it snows a half inch on March 23th or something dumb like that. Then Winter is over. The end. Lol

I saw a met tweet that the record high for this date was set in 2000, he is out of Myrtle beach. No one can forget what happened later that month in 2000. So I guess anything can happen, but betting on anything happening is a lost cause. Cause that "anything" will likely be a SE ridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back