• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened boys? We were all high fiving 48 hours ago.
Well 48 hours before that we were complaining about how bad the pattern looked. The models are extremely inconsistent right now as they deal with inputs. The euro/eps mjo going towards phase 6 and the GEFS/cfs going towards phase 7/8. The models are still trying to sort through the complex pattern. And this means we are seeing runs that are warm and some that are cold and trying to deal with them as they change. An example of this is the 12z eps coming in much warmer than the 00z which had us being bn for a while.

Just hold on a dang minute y’all !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8e5f14860f76d6b3b52b0ab1d7d8e87b.jpg

I wonder how good that model is? First I’ve seen someone talk about it.

Yeah this is trash. Its like 05-06 but somehow much worse

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The bane of watching every model on every run, seeing something good popping and then pooping ... does the high five down every time ...

The bane of watching every model on every run, seeing something good popping and then pooping ... does the high five down every time ...
Yep if shouldn't have posted that either realized I've been doing this for 15 freaking years and the ROI hasn't been worth it

This is wishcasting at it’s finest my friends.
Yeah, yeah, I've heard that before. There's nothing wrong making predictions. Making predictions isn't always necessary wishcasting. Making a prediction takes 3 steps: Observation, analyzing and extrapolation. It's someone's choice to take someone's prediction serious or not.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Yeah, yeah, I've heard that before. There's nothing wrong making predictions. Making predictions isn't always necessary wishcasting. Making a prediction takes 3 steps: Observation, analyzing and extrapolation. It's someone's choice to take someone's prediction serious or not.

and a 4th ... humility and an admission you missed it (as I did with the October call for an epic but transient January cold) ... least I got the warm December right, and the transient part of any cool in January right, but I was so convinced it was 1985 coming again) ...

Last edited:

Sounds like it to me..

wishcasting. The act of interpreting information or a situation in a way that casts it as favorable or desired, despite the fact that there is no evidence for such a conclusion.

This Winter sucks. Sub 530dm H5 heights don’t even make it to CONUS on the 384hr GFS for 2/1, sad.
There's always hope I reckon. The 2nd half of feb hasn't been bad historically. Its just so deflating to see good things only for it to flop

Sounds like it to me..

wishcasting. The act of interpreting information or a situation in a way that casts it as favorable or desired, despite the fact that there is no evidence for such a conclusion.
I mean, yes, my predictions do include thoughts that have no evidence to support it. On the other hand, my predictions do also include trends that have been occurring and also what changes now, will change something in the future, "butterfly effect." Observing those changes and using your experience/knowledge can help you determine what could lead into the future. Not all of my predictions are based from just personal thoughts.

8e5f14860f76d6b3b52b0ab1d7d8e87b.jpg

I wonder how good that model is? First I’ve seen someone talk about it.

Horrible model, this is what it had for last winter. He says that people need to stop worshipping models, as he shows the worst possible model for the MJO.
BOMM_phase_33m_small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back