• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just posting other Mets opinions! The WARM options is certainly a possibility!!
I’m not trying to stir people that wants to just talk cold up by no means.......

There’s nobody on this forum that’s wants COLD AND SNOW as much as I do. After all this am a snowman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good. Please don’t be intimidated from posting forecasts that are warm. We need to see what’s most likely rather than just what we want to happen. It also makes this board more credible as opposed to being weenie. And I want it cold as much as anyone!

Good. Please don’t be intimidated from posting forecasts that are warm. We need to see what’s most likely rather than just what we want to happen. It also makes this board more credible as opposed to being weenie. And I want it cold as much as anyone!
The thing about Feb and what we are looking at right now is you could make a case in both directions. With the recent AAM surge we may just go into a more classic nino look with the BN heights across the south and some weak PNA ridging. that being said we may do that while firing up a MJO wave through the unfavorable phases. Meh, good times ahead

The thing about Feb and what we are looking at right now is you could make a case in both directions. With the recent AAM surge we may just go into a more classic nino look with the BN heights across the south and some weak PNA ridging. that being said we may do that while firing up a MJO wave through the unfavorable phases. Meh, good times ahead

Lol, I just posted about the good news about +AAM in the January thread! Anyway, I think your post here is spot on.

Can we get back the old GFS? The old GFS maybe wasn't great either but it wasn't as horrendous with having the heights too low.

Icon is so close
de1a6f0f46edfd637d0632972383dee7.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Could someone explain what is 'so close' in the graphic?

I know that looking at model output through the end of January shows no chance for wintery weather in or around Atlanta. I mean no real chance at all. Just like last year. I can’t even see the nc mountains getting much in this pattern. I thought we would be seeing signs of a change to winter, but not seeing it yet. That’s depressing. Not going to lie.

Dude, this winter's been dragging the ground for miles.
True. But when it’s early January and the wheels are going flat you can say “Met winter just started. There’s time.”... but when you’re entering the last half of January and cold keeps disappearing and the models are already reaching into February showing 384 hour rainstorms..well

Especially when February seemingly isn’t the winter month it once was climo wise. It’s just not looking good..but there’s always hope. No one can take that away

How's this map verifying so far? It feels like it might be too cool everywhere.

View attachment 31164

Grit tweeted this out. I burst out laughing when I saw this. I didn't have high hopes for this winter but I never thought we would be this warm. This isn't GW...this is we suck. 5th winter in a row that is solidly AN.

map_btd.png

Your just like the rest of them. Florida and southern Cali always drawn the most AN but look what happened. You get to much money in your pockets too care as long as the public buys in. $$
I'm not sure I follow you. Do you have a map of temp anoms to date beginning 12/1/19?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back