• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thing about bam is if they are really forecasting for energy/ag they have to be putting out what they think is correct. Too much $$$$ in the line

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Would be nice if Webber privately messaged him and shared his thoughts instead of public shaming. Doesn’t look well in the top agencies of government if he ever wants a career

My thing about bam is if they are really forecasting for energy/ag they have to be putting out what they think is correct. Too much $$$$ in the line

It's one of two things: Either their PPV clients are getting the different/accurate information, or they are inept and have just been blitzing social media this year to create an image and don't, in reality, have a lot of clients (even though they try to make it seem like they do). My guess is that it's the latter. Maybe inept is too strong a word, but based on what I've seen from them, I don't think they are some powerhouse energy forecasting outfit with tons of clients just raking in the dough. They have done a good job making it seem that way, though.

And Judah is not often correct either. Although, I still have a hard time seeing the AO as anything but positive...at least right now. But seeing his face does make me want to kick a cat.

BAMwx is right about one thing though: models’ cold bias. There have been numerous instance of rolling forward the 11-15 and it warming up and very few the other way around. And this is still happening. The cold bias has been relentless and it hasn’t just been with the GFS/GEFS. I like it when BAMwx harps on this. I also like that they have unlike JB switched from their cold forecast. They are not doing the constant delayed but not denied of JB. I get the feeling from some posters here that they’re pissed that BAMwx has become open minded about the cold. It is almost as if these folks treat warm forecasters as bad guys.

Happens in business all the time, my investors cc the whole word when they want to poop on me for a mistake. Just got to take it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep...that's how the world works, for better or worse.

Would be nice if Webber privately messaged him and shared his thoughts instead of public shaming. Doesn’t look well in the top agencies of government if he ever wants a career

Lol totally disagree here. First off they are in the public eye and puke out graphics all over the internet , if they don't want people to have issues with their statements they should make their page private. Secondly he isn't shaming anyone , he is challenging their thoughts.

It's one of two things: Either their PPV clients are getting the different/accurate information, or they are inept and have just been blitzing social media this year to create an image and don't, in reality, have a lot of clients (even though they try to make it seem like they do). My guess is that it's the latter. Maybe inept is too strong a word, but based on what I've seen from them, I don't think they are some powerhouse energy forecasting outfit with tons of clients just raking in the dough. They have done a good job making it seem that way, though.

And Judah is not often correct either. Although, I still have a hard time seeing the AO as anything but positive...at least right now. But seeing his face does make me want to kick a cat.

Judah’s right to harp on the +AO now. Like BAMwx, I like that he’s willing to talk about warmth possibilities. The indices overall still don’t support a cold SE other than transitional cold. Looking ahead, they’re no better than neutral. When combining that with model bias, there’s no reason to believe the SE is headed toward anything more than transitional cold/near normal overall imo.

Edit: For those who don’t know, the GEFS has had a solid -AO bias.

Last edited:
Judah’s right to harp on the +AO now. Like BAMwx, I like that he’s willing to talk about warmth possibilities. The indices overall still don’t support a cold SE other than transitional cold. Looking ahead, they’re no better than neutral. When combining that with model bias, there’s no reason to believe the SE is headed toward anything more than transitional cold/near normal overall imo.
No one is saying anything about warmth. Everyone is taking issue with how they are getting there. This PV humping is getting old, it can easily be modulated by epo/nao forcing which we have failed on miserably. I just have a hard time with +ao=nowinter. Sorry to get on my soapbox

Last edited:
I’m just posting other Mets opinions! The WARM options is certainly a possibility!!
I’m not trying to stir people that wants to just talk cold up by no means.......

There’s nobody on this forum that’s wants COLD AND SNOW anymore than I do. After all I am a snowman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back