• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Nothing unusual here. To be fair, there is talk of the overall pattern, too.
I realize that and agree but I also see an unusual amount of excitement for a post D10 winter threat.... again I get it, it's all we got right now. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I realize that and agree but I also see an unusual amount of excitement for a post D10 winter threat.... again I get it, it's all we got right now. Lol

We used to be able to chase these all the time. :(

Fantasy maps are helpful to me to tell me we're coming out of a shut out pattern. If we're not even getting fantasy long range hits, our pattern stinks. The more we get, the better the pattern. That's not always the case obviously but to me it's a helpful sign. Even more so when there's good ensemble mean fantasy. I'm really not interested in dissecting the what ifs and giving them individual serious discussion, but yeah.

I'm encouraged that we're getting some "pings" to tell me at least we're getting back to "normal" and hits are at least possible in the next 2 weeks.

giphy.gif

What will today bring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just warming ahead of a cold front from the late week system next week. The warmer anomalies won't last as the last week approaches. I'm thinking there would be another surge of deep cold air in time for the winter storm during the last week.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Don't really disagree but it was just another "window for a storm" that has warmed significantly. Just hoping the next one doesn't do the same. The upper air temps this season have been rough.
gfs-ens_T850a_namer_39.png

Why I didn’t get too excited about snow.
Sorry but this guy sucks. There I finally said what we've all been thinking, I've never seen anything of his be correct. He may be a genius at some things but I just don't see the allure at all. How can you say the models are coupling and a warm pattern but the gefs is probably the coldest mean out there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm good with "seasonal" the last week of January. I'd like by the time we get to 2/1 though for us to be looking at a very nice pattern. My guess is we continue on the ups and downs for the rest of the month and stay overall seasonal.

If we get a snow make for a storm two weeks out it will be time to shut the board down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but this guy sucks. There I finally said what we've all been thinking, I've never seen anything of his be correct. He may be a genius at some things but I just don't see the allure at all. How can you say the models are coupling and a warm pattern but the gefs is probably the coldest mean out there.

That makes me feel a little better.? and I’m just saying I am not getting my hopes up because I know so many things can go wrong. I’m not getting too excited. Not saying I’m not hoping or a little excited.? last year taught me a lot.

He only sucks when he is calling for cold... now he saying February looking warm. He will be right ...watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back