• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if, now bear with me here, what if the models are wrong about February and it goes down as the hottest month in the hottest winter on record for the majority of the southeast? What if that happens? What if we then exit a hot and humid February and enter Marvelous March and it turns out even hotter? Like +20+25 anoms up and down the eastern seaboard. I mean has anyone even considered that?

What if, now bear with me here, what if the models are wrong about February and it goes down as the hottest month in the hottest winter on record for the majority of the southeast? What if that happens? What if we then exit a hot and humid February and enter Marvelous March and it turns out even hotter? Like +20+25 anoms up and down the eastern seaboard. I mean has anyone even considered that?
Well I guess that would be a win. Lol If it isn’t going to snow give me highs in the 70’s and lows in the 40’s.

After this winter has been I wouldn't be surprised haha

Oh my, stop it! I can't accept those kind of questions lol. If that happens, all of us would have a melt down.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I'm rooting for this now.

What if a cow jumps over the moon and poops on your house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm rooting for this now.
The thing that is worrisome is these models are programmed to show weather output using the teleconnections that “man” tells them are the driving factors in determining said weather..and I don’t believe those teleconnections drive the weather the same way they once did

The thing that is worrisome is these models are programmed to show weather output using the teleconnections that “man” tells them are the driving factors in determining said weather..and I don’t believe those teleconnections drive the weather the same way they once did
They don't..... you do realize after hour 0 it's all math right

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

honestly ever since the FV3 the GFS showing a storm means nothing. The Euro, however, is awesome when it shows a storm. I'm really looking forward to the next GFS upgrade.
Euro hasn't been great either but definitely have to have it on board when there is a storm for sure.

Every run the gfs shows a completely different outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS didn’t give us our 50/50 low this run. Look what it tried to do with that big bombing coastal this run vs 18z..

00z
BF5BEC90-3F9C-42E1-9FB8-02868E9EBE3F.gif
18z
B6741349-8C05-4703-A9A4-DD0C6134ED3D.gif
We need that other LP over the Atlantic to trend stronger over the next several days similar to what happy hour was showing

Well, the 0z GFS does have the winter storm again during the last week, but it's not as good as it's 18z run. That's okay at this stage, there's not going to be consistency for details at this range. The consistency I'm looking for as of now is the signal for the winter storm. Another run on the list!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Yeah idk how a something that large scale and important can change that drastically from run to run inside 8-9 days..and people wonder why our cold keeps disappearing inside 200hr like clockwork ??‍♂️
Exactly I don't overstand it either! It's a freaking waste of time and money to run that piece of garbage............. And they have the nerve to run it every 6 hours! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back