• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no ice either? To me that would be crazier.

No ice. I got less then a trace(nothing in the grass or surfaces) just in the corners of the roof lines. While you guys played in the snow and it was on the backend too . All other events I got cold rain. No ice or sleet. It’s been bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a roller coaster the last 48 hours have been. I know it is a long way out, but it is nice seeing both the Euro and GFS ops and ensembles show this one at the same time. I believe that is a first with all four this winter, and having the Euro on board is a big plus.

I would not be surprised at all if this disappears and then comes back again on the models the next several days. We have seen that happen plenty of times before when we actually get a winter storm, where the models show a good storm a long way out, then lose it, and then pick it up again.

I don't know which I've seen more of, this post about losing a storm and then picking it up again or fantasy long range snow... either way if I had a dollar for each I'd buy BamWx, JB, TWC and the Weatherstar 3000 emulator plus bank some change.

I don't know which I've seen more of, this post about losing a storm and then picking it up again or fantasy long range snow... either way if I had a dollar for each I'd buy BamWx, JB, TWC and the Weatherstar 3000 emulator plus bank some change.

giphy.gif

Or everyone on here getting excited every time GFS shows a storm 10 days a way the last 10 years.

XLebMhbUBGUphMNyk0owCg.gif

How often do the major different models have such close outcomes in the 300+ hour range in the same run?

It’s official, I have summer bugs out here calling in the night. I can’t really remember this happening before in January. They will be in for a rude awakening next week. RIP

I saw quite a few ant hills on my walk and my dad saw a lot of fire ant hills in a field. That cold's going to be a rude awakening for them too.

Thankfully just buds on plants. They can survive cold unless it's crazy.

Some reason's why I'm going all in for a winter storm sometime during the last week.

1. I have a really good feeling something huge is going to happen. Of course, there's nothing to support an instinct. I'm just following my instincts and sometimes your instincts are right.

2. Massive winter storms can occur in the Southeastern US after spring like conditions. Not always they can occur, but sometimes.

3. We're going into the peak climatology time for winter storm occurrences.

4. The pattern by late month is looking like it would support much below normal temperatures.

5. The sub-tropical jet is looking like it will become active again and not suppressed by late week next week into the last week.

I'm actually super excited for the last week for a winter storm to occur that could drop a tremendous amounts of snow.

Edit: Also, tonight's 18z GFS run isn't the only run it has shown the winter storm. It has shown it on the 12z run on the 13th. Yes, I'm really going keep count of how many runs it shows to look for consistency.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back