• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Duke-Progress Energy was approved for ~16% rate increase. ~8% starting this month and then ~4% next year and other ~4% year after.

I was shocked to get this notice tonight from them and over what exactly? Further shocked at the WRAL phone call where the guy gave little to no information as to why.

edit: Makes me concerned about Duke-Progress being able to sustain us should we get any real snow event this winter.

spongebob-many-months-later.gif

Duke-Progress Energy was approved for ~16% rate increase. ~8% starting this month and then ~4% next year and other ~4% year after.

I was shocked to get this notice tonight from them and over what exactly? Further shocked at the WRAL phone call where the guy gave little to no information as to why.

edit: Makes me concerned about Duke-Progress being able to sustain us should we get any real snow event this winter.
Piedmont Electric Cooperative starts literally not even half a mile from the house and every dadgum time our lights go out, we can drive up to St Marys road and all the houses have lights on. It’s possible they all have generators but I doubt it.

I sure hope I get to put those 2 big sleds I purchased at an estate sale for $5 each to use this year.

I sure hope I get to put those 2 big sleds I purchased at an estate sale for $5 each to use this year.
You better book a trip to Snowshoe real soon if you want to.

GFS says welcome to la Nina! Huge SE ridge. 75 degrees in Dallas, and the GEFS gives a nod of approval. This is the 3rd week in January. I don't see this pattern reversing in time for the first week in February glory. Towel is thrown...I'm out.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-05 014554.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 014554.png
    285.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-01-05 014531.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 014531.png
    382.1 KB · Views: 14
You better book a trip to Snowshoe real soon if you want to.

GFS says welcome to la Nina! Huge SE ridge. 75 degrees in Dallas, and the GEFS gives a nod of approval. This is the 3rd week in January. I don't see this pattern reversing in time for the first week in February glory. Towel is thrown...I'm out.
Same. New year, same result. I actually have a couple trips planned to snowshoe, one late this month and one later in March, and two trips to Colorado in between. At this point I just hope we can keep enough cold between the warmth to keep the southeastern ski areas open. So far it’s been enough cold to manage, but nowhere is fully operational yet.

Maybe we shouldn't have a monopoly controlling our grid... take into account their ties with many of our legislatures as well.. corrupt. N

Yeah, overnight models didn't look great for the SE. The initial cold is focused in the west and we just get glancing shots (cool downs between rain). Even the CFS at the end of its run (first week of February) had this look:

1704456587478.png

**CFS is a joke, but it's still disheartening.....

Back