• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I'm not going to derail the board with, well....anyway, we're going to see much more grid instability and things like brown-outs and random power outages over the next couple of years, particularly if we get any legitimate cold snaps.

I'm not going to derail the board with, well....anyway, we're going to see much more grid instability and things like brown-outs and random power outages over the next couple of years, particularly if we get any legitimate cold snaps.
So we should all get together and pray for epic torches then! Glad we are all on the same page ?

I’ve had more days without power here in five years than the previous 25 years total back in my hometown. Sometimes I think the power grid up here is made of matchsticks.

I’ve had more days without power here in five years than the previous 25 years total back in my hometown. Sometimes I think the power grid up here is made of matchsticks.
It’s more like the power grid is old and every yankee is like “ muh warmth, muh freedom , muh can’t shovel sunshine , muh acres imma move to North Carolina “. Our power grid is overburdened

It’s more like the power grid is old and every yankee is like “ muh warmth, muh freedom , muh can’t shovel sunshine , muh acres imma move to North Carolina “. Our power grid is overburdened
I mean I think part of it was Gastonia was its own power company - they are part of Electricities or whatever it’s called. I think they are in the Wake area and JoCo. The increased demand is probably a big part of it too.

Data centers need a lot of juice.Give it up, PEASANTS.

At least y’all don’t have your rates go up every year to pay for a nuclear plant that’s billions over budget and decades behind schedule.
Bro, you don't live in Emerson GA anymore. You should change your name to LilyPondGA!

Horrible, corrupt company that raises rates at the drop of a hat but won't update it's outdated infrastructure.
There are trucks blocking traffic doing work on lines all the time. No idea whats going on, but they have been working furiously on lines all over the county for over a year now.

I have lived here for 11 years now and lost power for the first time 3 months ago for like 30 minutes (not sure why). Nothing can shut down the power here.

Back