• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

snod-imp.conus.png

I'm jumping see you at the bottom

You were supposed to be consoling! Lol. I'm at the point I'm about to go underwater, at the bottom. This year, next year, SE doesn't snow anymore, heck we can't get a pattern to hold much less a snow storm. I need a submarine at the bottom of the cliff! I'm moving to Seattle.

I'm living in this this thread for a while. ?

No offense @griteater the Euro control is terrible. It's right up there with the 384 hr GFS and the 240 hr CMC. We can all pretty much agree the 1st 15 days of Jan are toast for snow here. That wasn't unexpected at all. But it's getting close to do or die time now. We aren't speculating from weeks or months out now. The answer to whether Jan into Feb is going to go as planned is just right around the corner. Within about 10 days we'll be able to see out to the 25th with some accuracy in the pattern. And these west coast dumps and poorly tilted EPO ridges keeping the cold 2 weeks out from the SE have to stop by then.

All I've been doing on Twitter is blocking people from Seattle or the NE for days now. Interact with one weenie from those areas and Twitter bombards you with them, even though you don't follow them. Yeah I'm salty. Everyone except the SE is feeling good right now. We really suck
That's right. I just had a bad feeling when we went from 3 straight la Nina's to a strong el Nino and it has been like nothing has ever changed when it came to this winter pattern this fall and winter and it's following the same crappy la Nina pattern just as last year to a tee. No different than last year just a la Nina pattern labeled a el nino. Nothing and different right now. Not giving up hope but might as well and always bet on the troughs going out west and you will always be right until April through Memorial day around the Southeast. In a few weeks I will be at 2 years without a single flake of snow.

You were supposed to be consoling! Lol. I'm at the point I'm about to go underwater, at the bottom. This year, next year, SE doesn't snow anymore, heck we can't get a pattern to hold much less a snow storm. I need a submarine at the bottom of the cliff! I'm moving to Seattle.

I'm living in this this thread for a while. ?
We suck, favorable blocking is a thing of the past, ninos are worse than Nina's, Seattle is the new Duluth, snowcover is irrelevant when you can't get a sfc low south of CAE

Back