• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

This happens every winter. Then we get the verification scores posted. Then the EPS shows cold again. Then we party. Then it shifts back to a western or Central US trough.

You really should go with the model that shows the trough to the west. For some reason, that's what the atmosphere wants to do year in and year out, with the occasional rare exception. Unless all three suites align with cold in the east, go with the one that dumps the cold out west. It doesn't matter which one it is.

With that, I'm done for the day. Y'all have at it.
Ok

This happens every winter. Then we get the verification scores posted. Then the EPS shows cold again. Then we party. Then it shifts back to a western or Central US trough.

You really should go with the model that shows the trough to the west. For some reason, that's what the atmosphere wants to do year in and year out, with the occasional rare exception. Unless all three suites align with cold in the east, go with the one that dumps the cold out west. It doesn't matter which one it is.

With that, I'm done for the day. Y'all have at it.

Raincold wins SouthernWX for today. I'll pack it up and I'll see you first thing tomorrow!

This is not sarcasm.

immense respect to yourself and webb and myfrotho and all the other long range acolytes because that is a skillset i simply do not have and have no motivation to develop lol. the 300 hr ensembles may as well be an ouija board to me
it just takes one good conjuring, though. i believe in you @ILMRoss

With the nina run we were on the past few winters and having to deal with a persistent GOA/Aleutian ridge it's a bitter pill to see the ensembles strengthing an GOA/Aleutian ridge in a strong nino... ?‍♂️

I still think that will be short lived...probably...maybe....I hope.

3lkShJdSOK.pnggfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_5day-5557600.png

This makes me nauseous...
qpf_acc-imp.us_ma.png

Back