• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I kind of wish I had never found this site and learned how to understand the models somewhat. It is painful to see how close we are sometimes, and how bad we suck. I miss the old days where my weather man would just surprise me on whether or not it was gonna snow.

I kind of wish I had never found this site and learned how to understand the models somewhat. It is painful to see how close we are sometimes, and how bad we suck. I miss the old days where my weather man would just surprise me on whether or not it was gonna snow.

So this is like a chicken or egg kind of thing right? The reason you probably went looking for a site like this is because of the sudden awareness that it hasn't snowed as much, almost circular logic. Finding this site has just made you realize how it will never snow again. Grief is always the first stage, now we can move on to acceptance.

I've been lucky to see some snow the last couple of times I've been to Boone. Wasn't a lot, about an inch the first time and a light dusting yesterday. Supposed to go back in the middle of January. I'll probably take the family up to Beech to see some real snow. It's terrible that I now have to go up to a place that's over a mile up to see good snow cover. Keep thinking things will change for the good, but it's been bad for a few years now.

I've been lucky to see some snow the last couple of times I've been to Boone. Wasn't a lot, about an inch the first time and a light dusting yesterday. Supposed to go back in the middle of January. I'll probably take the family up to Beech to see some real snow. It's terrible that I now have to go up to a place that's over a mile up to see good snow cover. Keep thinking things will change for the good, but it's been bad for a few years now.
Was up in Boone and skied App Mountain for New Years, was nice. Little snow falling Sat night and Monday as we left. It is sad to see that snow is becoming increasingly difficult to find. Also found a little rime ice at the top of Jefferson on the way home, wife loved it since it seemed like a 'Winter Wonderland' lol.Jefferson Rime.jpgApp Mountain Night.jpg

Was up in Boone and skied App Mountain for New Years, was nice. Little snow falling Sat night and Monday as we left. It is sad to see that snow is becoming increasingly difficult to find. Also found a little rime ice at the top of Jefferson on the way home, wife loved it since it seemed like a 'Winter Wonderland' lol.View attachment 139764View attachment 139765
Nice! I need to go skiing soon. Only way I can get snow anymore.

Conditions actually look pretty decent there (For NC).

I didn't realize the snow drought for NY was this bad...when the dam busts though.

View attachment 139665
Yeah, it’s a nightmare for basically the entire East Coast. It’s pretty amazing it’s been that long since NYC saw an inch, though. With as much snow as they average, the fact they didn’t get a single storm with at least an inch last year/winter is wild.

Did we not just have a January where it snowed three weekends in a row? Did we not just have a pretty damn good run from 2015-2019? Yall acting like it ain’t snowed since Reagan was president.
Some of us saw no snow in January 2023 and I have to go back to January 2022 since my last measurable snow but prior to that I had been spoiled a few years

Back