• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I didn't realize the snow drought for NY was this bad...when the dam busts though.

View attachment 139665
I think NYC only got 2.5 inches of snow last winter. I went back through 1960 and didn’t see any year that low for the city. Not sure how accurate the site was but most of their snowless winters were 5-7 inches still.

Seriously though I'm not going to complain but this seems early and I'm nervous about getting head faked then having to go back and do it again in about 7-10days
In all seriousness…I would be stunned if a large portion of the SE doesn’t see atleast a couple of moderate events after Jan 20th. Might be foolish to believe that but that’s my thoughts.

Yeah, maybe we get missed. ?‍♂️

In all seriousness…I would be stunned if a large portion of the SE doesn’t see atleast a couple of moderate events after Jan 20th. Might be foolish to believe that but that’s my thoughts.

Agreed. I hope the geps and eps are right in rapidly moving things along but if not it'll still come. I'm not sure the pac has the ability to do it but 2nd half of Jan and Feb 2015 evolution isn't impossible

North of I-20 maybe. The rest of the south will need a miracle which is the case in almost every winter.

So about that sneaky little system tomorrow.

Y'all know the drill.

1) Watch temps tonight and report back when your backyard has dropped below forecast.
2) Look for that thickening cloud cover to beat the midday sun.
3) Watch the radar and look up every few minutes to confirm it's still virga.
4) When all of the above fails, check the 384-hour GFS.

This is my mission.

The falloff needs to be studied

Some of us saw no snow in January 2023 and I have to go back to January 2022 since my last measurable snow but prior to that I had been spoiled a few years
I have to go all the way back to January 2018 when I last saw 1 inch or more of snowfall in a single winter storm/winter season. It’s been mostly dusting/trace events from 2019-2023. If this El Niño winter was anything like 2009/10 I would be hyped about January-March because I know we’ll be guaranteed 1 good board wide winter storm. I’m still cautiously optimistic, but I would be lyin’ if I said I don’t feel a slight bit of pessimism after 5yrs of disappointments.

Back