• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Some real babies in here. Wahhh it hasn’t snowed, and it won’t again, even though we pulled a mini March 1960 January weekend version 2 years ago with 3 weekend snow events in a row, it’s gonna snow again soon crybabies

Some of us saw no snow in January 2023 and I have to go back to January 2022 since my last measurable snow but prior to that I had been spoiled a few years

I don't remember either of these below...Jan 2018 and Dec 2018 spoiled us for sure. Jan 2018 was the best snow in mby since Jan 2002 or boxing day.

Did you really get 4-5" in Jan 2021?

january_21-22_2022_nc_snowmap.jpgjanuary_27-28_2021_nc_snowmap3.jpg

Did we not just have a January where it snowed three weekends in a row? Did we not just have a pretty damn good run from 2015-2019? Yall acting like it ain’t snowed since Reagan was president.
Well this is the whamby thread so that was pretty much the point of my post. However, i am afraid your post is a very NC centric post. Only a select few got in on the 3 weekends in a row, most only saw snow one of those. I was fortunate to see a good one in Jan of 22 but most of the board is seeing a significant deficit over the past ... however many years.

We're just being a bit hyperbolic in the whamby thread, that's what its for.

I bet the end of Jan and Early Feb doesn’t produce either. Just the times we live in now.
Well you'd be hard pressed to find someone more negative than me when it comes to snowfall on here. That tends to happen the older you get and the longer you live in SC. But even I have to say getting blanked 2 years in a row, especially over such a large area as last year, it's unlikely that happens again. It would not surprise me at all if I20 south zeros out. But up this way I doubt it. Now it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with 50% of average and everyone is still mad because of the expectations and hype. But it also wouldn't surprise me if we get almost 200% of average either. Keep in mind the difference between 50% of average and 200% of average is only a whopping 6 inches. I would bet a large amount though that GSP's 31 year streak of winters without a double digit season lives on still after this winter.

Some real babies in here. Wahhh it hasn’t snowed, and it won’t again, even though we pulled a mini March 1960 January weekend version 2 years ago with 3 weekend snow events in a row, it’s gonna snow again soon crybabies
some people have not seen snow in 5 years or even longer !

Well you'd be hard pressed to find someone more negative than me when it comes to snowfall on here. That tends to happen the older you get and the longer you live in SC. But even I have to say getting blanked 2 years in a row, especially over such a large area as last year, it's unlikely that happens again. It would not surprise me at all if I20 south zeros out. But up this way I doubt it. Now it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with 50% of average and everyone is still mad because of the expectations and hype. But it also wouldn't surprise me if we get almost 200% of average either. Keep in mind the difference between 50% of average and 200% of average is only a whopping 6 inches. I would bet a large amount though that GSP's 31 year streak of winters without a double digit season lives on still after this winter.

If the GEPS/EPS is currently right for mid-month, I think we do quite well. Question is IF...

Pattern of the decade showing up. ?

I have leftover shovels from the pattern of the decade we are getting now. ?

View attachment 139786
Seriously though I'm not going to complain but this seems early and I'm nervous about getting head faked then having to go back and do it again in about 7-10days

Back