• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Much of the US is a cultural ghetto. A capitalist strip mall wasteland devoid of anything remotely human. I mean take Bucees, everyone is clamoring for a giant gas station that sells the tastiest deep fried beer battered triple cheese stuffed on a stick raccoon asshole … come on. The people in mebane NC fought it coming to town but the town overruled them. Disgusting

Much of the US is a cultural ghetto. A capitalist strip mall wasteland devoid of anything remotely human. I mean take Bucees, everyone is clamoring for a giant gas station that sells the tastiest deep fried beer battered triple cheese stuffed on a stick raccoon asshole … come on. The people in mebane NC fought it coming to town but the town overruled them. Disgusting
Stop it. You’re making me hungry.

Wow! And twin top’s fishcamp in Belmont NC has been carry out only for like 3 years now and that blows! It was awesome!
The Flounder in Spartanburg is all we’ve got left! They actually opened a fish camp in gray court a year or two ago that is pretty damn good. Out in the country

I guess it’s not a good sign when the winter weather 23/24 discussion thread hasn’t been used in almost a week.

It doesn't snow anymore.

70s incoming next week

The Flounder in Spartanburg is all we’ve got left! They actually opened a fish camp in gray court a year or two ago that is pretty damn good. Out in the country
Was it that one in a little building out in the middle of nowhere? I think I tried it once or twice before I left! Been to the flounder once, it wasn’t horrible!

It’s finally going to happen! Roof collapsing snows, because the rain is going to soak in the snow! ??56127F58-400A-4DB4-9A31-F14E5D7022F9.png

Yeah I figured that’s why you keep fleeing! Except Atlantas growth is great enough that it’s influenced counties in nc on the ga border … it’s absurd! Atlanta is wild
I consider Atlanta my ATM. I’m blessed enough to have a company fuel card and truck so that makes all the difference. We are slightly closer to Chattanooga but equally inconvenient for commuters to either city. Also just far enough from the mountains so we don’t have vacation homes. Everything is cattle farms and carpet. We have had to fight the big distribution centers trying to take farmland but so far the county has struck them all down.

We want to end up somewhere in NE TN closer to retirement.

I consider Atlanta my ATM. I’m blessed enough to have a company fuel card and truck so that makes all the difference. We are slightly closer to Chattanooga but equally inconvenient for commuters to either city. Also just far enough from the mountains so we don’t have vacation homes. Everything is cattle farms and carpet. We have had to fight the big distribution centers trying to take farmland but so far the county has struck them all down.

We want to end up somewhere in NE TN closer to retirement.
The Tri Cities area is pretty

Today in music history! I didn’t know it happened in iowa! 5F55BDDA-1433-4632-9ED2-CAE2C76216B6.png

The Tri Cities area is pretty
I like it. I’m eyeing somewhere in the Newland, Greenville, Erwin, and Unicoi area to get more rural.
I do have some beef with Sullivan county though. They gave me a photo speeding ticket before the football game at Bristol a few years ago. There was so much traffic there was no way I was going 11 over like they said.

Last edited:
Why does it seem like Alabama is not growing as fast as some other southern states ? I would think Alabama's proximity to Atlanta would mean more growth ?
I love North Alabama. Huntsville has a good and almost recession proof economy and mountains in every direction. My dad is from Fort Payne so we try to go visit as much as we can.

Alabama has good places to live and some of the nicest, prosperous towns around Birmingham. Huntsville is nice because It's new. The coast of Alabama rivals the coast of Florida with less development. Most people that talk about Alabama have never been there.

Alabama has good places to live and some of the nicest, prosperous towns around Birmingham. Huntsville is nice because It's new. The coast of Alabama rivals the coast of Florida with less development. Most people that talk about Alabama have never been there.
I dont like when people trash Alabama. It has a lot of problems but there's a lot of good qualities too. No state is perfect.

You don't have to defend Alabama to someone that lives in dreadful Iowa. I have lived in the Midwest and was raised in Alabama. Give me the south in general but Alabama hands down. It smells like mildew and pigs ass in Iowa.

Back