• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Much of the US is a cultural ghetto. A capitalist strip mall wasteland devoid of anything remotely human. I mean take Bucees, everyone is clamoring for a giant gas station that sells the tastiest deep fried beer battered triple cheese stuffed on a stick raccoon asshole … come on. The people in mebane NC fought it coming to town but the town overruled them. Disgusting
Not to get political but that reeks of what happened in Rockingham County. Someone important had to benefit from that.

Alabama has good places to live and some of the nicest, prosperous towns around Birmingham. Huntsville is nice because It's new. The coast of Alabama rivals the coast of Florida with less development. Most people that talk about Alabama have never been there.
I agree with that. There’s parts of it that meet the stereotype but Birmingham, The Shoals, Huntsville all buck it. I assume Mobile does as well but I’ve never been there.

I'm debating on going to a bar/club tonight, I'm usually not deterred by the cold but possible teens combined with the fact that I tend to sweat a lot in clubs makes me apprehensive.

Lifelong resident, many still view Alabama from the 60’s and that perception is hard to change. State government is ineffective and corrupt. Lots of nice areas that are growing just not the entire state. Crime and drugs are an issue in both the larger cities and many rural areas. Most are good friendly hard working folks. Most people that move here from other areas of the country are pleasantly surprised in a good way.

Why does it seem so much easier to get temps way above normal than it is for way below normal ?
Because warmer is within the range of normalcy. The same reason a high in July of 75 is more likely to happen then a high of 110.

Standard deviation.

I lived in Mobile for a year as well as Andalusia, did not care for Mobile (too muggy) and Andalusia too small. I have heard good things about Huntsville though.

Can you give me someone who has not flip flopped this winter and has been spot on? I would like to follow Him/Them and see what lies ahead for us... TIA And I will not post anything else from JB!
I don’t know who has or who hasn’t flip flopped this winter. What I do know is that we will all be able to wear flip flops in 5 days.

Back