• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Come on now, you know if it was 1982 the current storm would’ve yielded a 24-36” blizzard with wind chills below zero! Things don’t work like they used to!

I’m glad things don’t work like they used to. Because I can’t have icing anymore. My rotten insurance won’t cover Ozempic.

Bring on spring. Even though I hate spring. And golf. Even though I hate golf. And sun. Even though the sun hates my ginger arse. Oh, and a miserable election year too! Might as well have all of that if it can’t snow anymore.

Freezing rain into the French quarter and here I am sleeping with my bedroom window open
pepe-joker.gif

8” of snow in Alabama today, freezing rain on the gulf coast Monday night, -12 in Knoxville Tuesday night and my consolation prize is **checks notes** a high of 34 Saturday

y’all, we winning over here
You nailed it. Saying we're getting table scraps would be a generous statement.

It’s sad you rent a cabin in the mountains, late January. Have a system and these are going to be the temps. Unreal.

Attachments

• 9A277D61-3F57-41D0-B715-22B41291D5A3.jpeg
    9A277D61-3F57-41D0-B715-22B41291D5A3.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 39
There’s Facebook showing memories from the nice snowstorm 2 years ago in the upstate. Rub it on Facebook.

If we should only use the CFS for pattern recognition, it doesn't look good for the next month:

Week two:
1705407383430.png

Week three:
1705407440241.png

Week four:
1705407495464.png

I guess you could say week four has a "more" el nino look to it, but at this point we're now getting into the later part of February. Another point is the CFS is not a great model so maybe this wont verify.

Yeah this winter is something we have never seen before! Why in the 50's kids had to walk through four feet snow drifts to get to school, and this was in Florida. NC had a glacier sitting just north of us in Va and we got snow every other day. Not to mention the 70's when we had several weeks of below 0 temps and the snow lasted on the ground from Nov to April. Man I miss those days! /sarc
It is cyclical people and it will change again just like it has for the past, oh, several million years or so. Is the current day temperatures rising, absolutely, just look at the different decades this century and you can see how some are good for us and some are stinky. Look, I am just as frustrated as you are because I am getting up there in years and I don't know how many winters I have left, but I don't control the weather, but I know who does

Last edited:
It really is mornings like these that keep the dry wall repair companies in business. Wintry precip into Mobile/Pensacola with a heavy rain shower streaming through the Carolina’s
Nearly a half inch of 40 degree rain this morning here and its still pouring....most models had a tenth or less. Almost as if someone is rubbing it in on purpose at this point. I won't even get to see any real cold temps today unlike in the western half which will be in the upper 20s. Sigh.

Back