• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Global warming locally only affecting areas of east of 85 rendering models, pattern recognition, and the mjo useless because things don't work like they used to. Meaning we only have severe weather with at least 2000-3000 more days until it snows again when we get lucky since no pattern favors snow here anymore.

Is this a summary of the past few days ---- posts or did I miss something
Could it be?

Could it be?
No. Parent high has been locked up against the rockies for days. We kept reloading the trough to the west and shearing energy east. Flow perpendicular to the front means it slows or stops and it needs the next wave to kick it. The best fgen band has essentially sat along the arctic front and the jet streak was over or north so there's no way for precip to form on the warmer side of the system. It happens in all seasons in all years but apparently according to some this is a new thing

No. Parent high has been locked up against the rockies for days. We kept reloading the trough to the west and shearing energy east. Flow perpendicular to the front means it slows or stops and it needs the next wave to kick it. The best fgen band has essentially sat along the arctic front and the jet streak was over or north so there's no way for precip to form on the warmer side of the system
Yeah but things just don't work the way they use to?

No. Parent high has been locked up against the rockies for days. We kept reloading the trough to the west and shearing energy east. Flow perpendicular to the front means it slows or stops and it needs the next wave to kick it. The best fgen band has essentially sat along the arctic front and the jet streak was over or north so there's no way for precip to form on the warmer side of the system. It happens in all seasons in all years but apparently according to some this is a new thing

Come on now, you know if it was 1982 the current storm would’ve yielded a 24-36” blizzard with wind chills below zero! ☃️ Things don’t work like they used to! ?

Global warming locally only affecting areas of east of 85 rendering models, pattern recognition, and the mjo useless because things don't work like they used to. Meaning we only have severe weather with at least 2000-3000 more days until it snows again when we get lucky since no pattern favors snow here anymore.

Is this a summary of the past few days ---- posts or did I miss something
Post of the season

Have to say, the way things felt today certainly wouldn't lead you to believe that the ridge is going to break down and it's going to get really cold beginning tomorrow night.

Have to say, the way things felt today certainly wouldn't lead you to believe that the ridge is going to break down and it's going to get really cold beginning tomorrow night.
We've had plenty of cold shots this winter. People just want snow/winter weather at this point.

We've had plenty of cold shots this winter. People just want snow/winter weather at this point.
Pretty much. Patience has ran out east of that Apps. Most haven't saw a single flake in 2 years. For me personally I judge a winter on snowfall way more than temps. No matter how cold it gets and no matter how long it lasts this will be one of the top 3 worst winters ever if it doesn't snow. Right there with 11-12 and 22-23.

Oh, believe me, I don't necessarily disagree here (you should see what my first post was in this version of whammby), but I'm just remarking on how some of the coldest air of the season is knocking on the door and I could almost go in short sleeves outside today if I wished to.

Back