• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

What I observed in my time in the midwest was they get a lot of small snow events but not many big dogs like the east coast gets sometimes. This is for Indiana and Ohio mainly away from the lakes.
Carrollton is not in the Midwest

This ridge is no joke. 585dm reaching into the Carolinas. Already 20F anoms showing up. GFS shows our ceiling with this warm up as well, maybe a 80 in ENC. nighttime lows in the 50s and 60s is going to destroy any departures.
Welcoming this with open arms. It’s been a while since it’s been in the 70s. 70 degree days is the perfect days.
View attachment 142558View attachment 142559View attachment 142560View attachment 142561
Crappy gonna be on the bed early ❤️

Can someone explain why we are seeing the moisture from this storm and likely this fridays storm basically disappear once it hits the Carolina’s? And why as soon as the cold is gone we will get plenty of it?

Can someone explain why we are seeing the moisture from this storm and likely this fridays storm basically disappear once it hits the Carolina’s? And why as soon as the cold is gone we will get plenty of it?
Global warming locally only affecting areas of east of 85 rendering models, pattern recognition, and the mjo useless because things don't work like they used to. Meaning we only have severe weather with at least 2000-3000 more days until it snows again when we get lucky since no pattern favors snow here anymore.

Is this a summary of the past few days ---- posts or did I miss something

Global warming locally only affecting areas of east of 85 rendering models, pattern recognition, and the mjo useless because things don't work like they used to. Meaning we only have severe weather with at least 2000-3000 more days until it snows again when we get lucky since no pattern favors snow here anymore
Sure could have used some of that severe weather we get so much of apparently back in 2023...

Back