• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I’ll probably be on the ice side but I can drive 2 hour trip to see heavy snow this upcoming storm

I fully expect to get shafted on the Monday/Tuesday snow...experience comes with age. I may see some sleet and mother nature will tell me to like it and shut up. The Rob Smith Snow Shield is strong in West Central Alabama!

Trend has generally been northward with the edge, but the amounts in TN have remained pretty decent. Definitely going to have to drive to middle TN to no be disappointed.
I thought about driving to Nashville, but temps before and after the snow are way below freezing. I could get stranded there for a week. I can't afford that. I don't know how efficiently TN DOT clears the interstates. Probably really fast, but you never know.

Seems like the only way to win recently strictly east of the mountains has only been a poleward +PNA without blocking, Hudson Bay vortex with a strong TPV extension (it being the dominant feature vs the hudson bay vortex) around Atlantic canada, with a S/S wave, in Miller B fashion

So if Fab Feb doesn't deliver, who gets all of my chips? Webber?
There were warnings this winter was not going to be a textbook el nino

mls_h2o_qbo_lat_45S-45N_26hPa.png

Back