• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I think it's awesome when someone who doesn't live in the southeast and in a place that gets snow all the time comes on the board and rubs it in with how much snow they are getting.
I remember when I went through the complaining phase you been stuck in for a while. I was 4-5 years old

Maybe up your way you'd still do ok who knows? But upstate folks there is well over a 90% chance of not reaching seasonal norms if we get blanked through Feb 1st. I don't like it either but it's just what the data shows. And we need a big year not to fall ever further behind the awful 90s. That was the least snowiest decade on record here and up through Jan 94 we had 15.6" inches. Now up to the same point in this decade we have 9.2". About 40% less than that decade. This is pathetic. Anyone in the upstate has a right to complain. The roaring 20s is showing us what a real snow drought is.
For the upstate Yoda says, "if into the model runs you go, only pain will you find."

It truly is disheartening to see us get skipped almost every single run; only one suite yesterday has shown anything for us all winter. I don't know what is different but we've never had problems getting fantasy snow before, just the real stuff. The only thing I can hope for is that we should be in a better pattern over the next week to 10 days and hopefully the Feb pattern others have been touting will materialize and deliver. Otherwise we are looking at the worst stretch in Upstate recorded history. It's also quite sobering to realize that places like the northern halves of AL, MS, and even LA are now better climo places for snow than us...

There’s a legit shot some go with several days with low 40s/30s - 20s/10s and don’t have anything to show for it. Just food for thought
Any time someone says anything about "If it was January" they're getting referred to this. Perfect temps for snow yet no snow. Snow just happens at this point there's no perfect setup it just shows up.

I mean it still looks pretty good here especially compared to last winters absolute dumpster fire but I miss the 10 inch predictions ?

But seriously even if we only get 2-3 inches it'll beat everything last winter. How pathetic is that

Any time someone says anything about "If it was January" they're getting referred to this. Perfect temps for snow yet no snow. Snow just happens at this point there's no perfect setup it just shows up.
Yeah, well snow don't show up for work no more. He's a no call, no show. I think he moved to Arkansas and married a girl from Siberia.

If this storm doesn't trend better then I think I'm gonna call it for winter here. This is probably one the best patterns we'll have this season and if we can't get anything out of it then it's pretty much over. I'll still keep up with the forum, I'm just gonna go into spring/summer mode.

Back