• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

This place is often borderline unreadable
Yep why do you think my recent post count is near 0. Not sure what the best remedy is besides banning because there is no sense of reality anymore. It's either omg best pattern ever or climate change killed snow where's summer.

Yep why do you think my recent post count is near 0. Not sure what the best remedy is besides banning because there is no sense of reality anymore. It's either omg best pattern ever or climate change killed snow where's summer.
I was on AmWx all the time in college (2016-2020) and it never was quite to this level, except in an incredibly tongue-in-cheek sense. It also felt like there was even more education on how these dynamics worked. (Incredibly thankful for the education and informational posts that grit, Webb, fro, and others put on here though—not saying there isn’t high-quality educational stuff on here!)

I don’t really remember when the switch came and I moved over here. Or why. Seems like others did too. Or maybe they were posting on both?

Anyway, not trying to say anything negative about this site at all. You guys do a great job running the place and most posters seem truly like fun and good people. I just wonder what (if anything) changed. Am I just looking at the past with rose-tinted glasses?

I was on AmWx all the time in college (2016-2020) and it never was quite to this level, except in an incredibly tongue-in-cheek sense. It also felt like there was even more education on how these dynamics worked. (Incredibly thankful for the education and informational posts that grit, Webb, fro, and others put on here though—not saying there isn’t high-quality educational stuff on here!)

I don’t really remember when the switch came and I moved over here. Or why. Seems like others did too. Or maybe they were posting on both?

Anyway, not trying to say anything negative about this site at all. You guys do a great job running the place and most posters seem truly like fun and good people. I just wonder what (if anything) changed. Am I just looking at the past with rose-tinted glasses?
Maybe everyone left the other site because it was boring. It’s ok to joke around and still enjoy the smart ones on here. That’s what the whamby thread was for. Or so i thought.

It’s a tough spot because I’ve done that job before too.

The moderation over there went incredibly downhill sometime in the mid-2010s. It drove people away.

Maybe everyone left the other site because it was boring. It’s ok to joke around and still enjoy the smart ones on here. That’s what the whamby thread was for. Or so i thought.
No this thread was originally started for people to vent specifically me after the December 2018 screw job here and it's morphed into a cesspool of off putting tired 1 liners. I'm all for voicing frustration about the pattern but 1 time is good because we all see it and feel it so there's no reason to beat dead horses, we get it. The thing that gets me is the people that burn this thread up are the same ones saying we back after a good 18z frame at 272 hours.

Back