• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Ive had my fill of extreme cold tbh

Give me 30 and snow any day over February 2021 and December last year

Give me 25 degrees, heavy snow for 6 hours and a low of 6 degrees and then a high of 32 and partly cloudy the next day. Start that snow at 6 am, too. That would make me a very happy snow weenie. I don't want it to stick around too long and I like not running the heat for days and days.
Heat at 62. Still better than using the a/c all the damn time like in Floriduh.

Save a few random exceptions (Dec 8-10 2018 storm), we've been basically punting every December since 2010 in the SE US.

No big deal if this one is mild too.
Honestly when was the last time we had a cold February for the SE east of the mtns? 2015? Dec and Feb seem to be a lost cause anymore and if this upcoming February can't break the cycle I'm not sure what can.

Yep. No doubt. I miss home.;)
Heard somebody say the other day they'd never heard anyone say the were planning on retiring up north. I said "well now you have. I want pleasant summers for a change I can actually enjoy." Also told him I planned on still having a home here for when I got tired of the cold and snow. Honestly I want a home up north for the pleasant summers and would like to stay there thru December and get snow for the holidays then come back south from Jan thru about May.

It was that Cold just 11 months ago.
It was cold, but not as cold as those maps show. I have not had a below 0 temp since 1985. We got back to around 25-27 both days last year and only down to around 7-8 degrees that Sat morning and we almost lost the grid. A repeat of Jan 1985 would probably take it down. Just like Texas in 2021, except it would be more widespread and last longer.

Heard somebody say the other day they'd never heard anyone say the were planning on retiring up north. I said "well now you have. I want pleasant summers for a change I can actually enjoy." Also told him I planned on still having a home here for when I got tired of the cold and snow. Honestly I want a home up north for the pleasant summers and would like to stay there thru December and get snow for the holidays then come back south from Jan thru about May.
Yeah, a lot of people do that. I just don't like heat anymore at all. Everyone is different of course, but if i had to stay down here the rest of my life i think i would need lots of meds...HAHA:D?

It was cold, but not as cold as those maps show. I have not had a below 0 temp since 1985. We got back to around 25-27 both days last year and only down to around 7-8 degrees that Sat morning and we almost lost the grid. A repeat of Jan 1985 would probably take it down. Just like Texas in 2021, except it would be more widespread and last longer.

Feb 2021 was a great cold blast and two winter storms back to back. I got almost a foot out of both storms. Second storm was a little further south than anticipated. Places in south central arkansas got over two feet!!

Back