• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I think extreme ne ga does well most years
The national weather service here does an extremely poor job with data collection and averages. Cities like Ellijay in Gilmer County report their temperatures every hour on the main nws page for Peachtree City, yet their daily data isn't shown in the NOW data, we have 30 averages for Jasper in Pickens County, but their live observations are nowhere to be found. The two other airports around the city have data in the preliminary monthly data, but not in the NOW data, completely unacceptable. I would love to have data back up what I say sometimes, but its impossible when they don't record it. Anyways, the area circled in NW GA gets about the only significant northwest flow snow in the state. The area circled in the northeast benefits from CAD storms. Obviously both can expand.

1699806953784.png

Attachments

• 1699806637349.png
    1699806637349.png
    831.7 KB · Views: 11
The national weather service here does an extremely poor job with data collection and averages. Cities like Ellijay in Gilmer County report their temperatures every hour on the main nws page for Peachtree City, yet their daily data isn't shown in the NOW data, we have 30 averages for Jasper in Pickens County, but their live observations are nowhere to be found. The two other airports around the city have data in the preliminary monthly data, but not in the NOW data, completely unacceptable. I would love to have data back up what I say sometimes, but its impossible when they don't record it. Anyways, the area circled in NW GA gets about the only significant northwest flow snow in the state. The area circled in the northeast benefits from CAD storms. Obviously both can expand.

View attachment 137904
Elevation plays such a big role during winter

I feel like upstate sc is gonna get atleast one small chance of something before the new year. And by that I mean it’ll be real close. But in the end it will be a chilly rain.

I feel like upstate sc is gonna get atleast one small chance of something before the new year. And by that I mean it’ll be real close. But in the end it will be a chilly rain.
Nah we'll all be snowless still minus a few flurries when the calendar turns to Feb. The meltdowns will be epic when we're starting at being blanked for the 2nd year in a row. Then something will pop up inside 120 hrs that may save the winter. Or it may not since we know how horrible Feb has been lately.

Not sure what it used to be for CAE. But based on this CAE may never see another winter storm warning if they have to get 3 inches. When was the last time they had 3 inches in a single event? Feb 2010 most likely
Unless it happened in February 2014, it has to be 2010.

Not sure what it used to be for CAE. But based on this CAE may never see another winter storm warning if they have to get 3 inches. When was the last time they had 3 inches in a single event? Feb 2010 most likely
We didn't exactly receive 3 inches (I believe we ended up with a little over 2"), but we were under a Winter Storm Warning in January 2022. The last time we had more than 3 inches was in February 2014.

I'm thinking 8 to 12 inches of snow here this winter.
I will drive down there and meet you at Bojangles, buy you anything you want, and apologize for every mean thing I’ve ever said about you, if RAH gets 12” of snow this winter!

Still running smooth, hit 120k last night, so far only failures have been 1 fuel injector/2 spark plugs/2 ignition coils and a rocker arm. It gets beat on everyday and has been tuned for well over 50000 miles now. Preventive maintenance goes a long way ! 3F98D074-A9E7-4F80-B2DE-82A7E3E86FC9.jpeg75C9D407-4D16-439B-B365-AD2D3492E65C.jpeg

Remember Johnny Manziel? One of the best quarterbacks in college imo. Remember when A &M destroyed Alabama when Alabama was at there best? Fun to watch. He couldn't produce in the NFL because he wanted to party and do foolish bs constantly, but had the talent, moreso than other QBs. The theme is even though one does good in college, doesn't guarantee a success in NFL. Totally different programs. Only a select few go on to be really good in the NFL.
I remember when he led A&M to victory over Alabama, but their 5 pt win was not a destruction.

I remember when he led A&M to victory over Alabama, but their 5 pt win was not a destruction.
Maybe destroyed was too big of a word but he was dominant in college and one if not one of the best imo. Regardless, Alabama didn't see it coming that day for sure

Still running smooth, hit 120k last night, so far only failures have been 1 fuel injector/2 spark plugs/2 ignition coils and a rocker arm. It gets beat on everyday and has been tuned for well over 50000 miles now. Preventive maintenance goes a long way ! View attachment 137911View attachment 137910
Man you don’t know how long I looked at that picture trying to figure out where you were. I miss home sometimes.

The TV met who said arctic air earlier is backing off already ? high of 50 on Thanksgiving ? gonna have to do better than that Halloween had a day around 40?

Back