• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Atleast you got to see 100” of snow last winter! Y’all jackpotted all winter long!
Welcome and don’t be suprised if you don’t see a flake of snow for 3-5 winters, atleast! Depends on where you moved to
That's true but honestly as much as I love seeing the snow and having cold temps I don't mind getting a break from it especially when you have to deal with subfreezing temps which is tough to deal with than a flake of snow

Another couple of weeks and we can start actively looking at the models for potential winter storms. Odds are not with us (of course). But there have been a few notable winter storms in early December. The latest CFS does show a favorable pattern for late this month into December. It's all fantasy at this point but good to see anyways. Here's one frame for the end of November. Don't look at the details, but if we can just get this pattern established maybe good things could materialize.

1699448490557.png

Another couple of weeks and we can start actively looking at the models for potential winter storms. Odds are not with us (of course). But there have been a few notable winter storms in early December. The latest CFS does show a favorable pattern for late this month into December. It's all fantasy at this point but good to see anyways. Here's one frame for the end of November. Don't look at the details, but if we can just get this pattern established maybe good things could materialize.

View attachment 137796
A Jimmy Jackpot DBF4DCBE-396E-4F36-B0A3-600B86E0299A.png

There is one thing I have noticed this year.. The "water oak" tree are loosing a much high amount of leaves this Fall that I can ever remember. Normally they at most loose about 50% and this year it is close to 75-80%

View attachment 137796
12/9/2018 was a great early December snow. I think that might be the last big one we had here in early December.

Well Alaska off to a great start to winter!! That sucks for everyone else in the states!0B25A877-34DD-472A-869A-8058565D84AB.png

F-bRcLCaAAARucg

Back