• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Wow... burns said they have been advised to not use the GFS right now “we have been advised to not use the gfs right now, because it has been glitchy”
Sounds like Trump needs to make the GFS great again. How dare our European competitors have a better model then us. I can here it now. "I'll be making sure that we make yuge changed to our GFS model. It will be the greatest and most sophisticated model ever. Believe me!"

On a serious note glad to see the models honing in on what looks to be a favorable set-up for many hopefully these trends will continue.

For our area (NC) haven't really looked closely at other areas, the Euro cools the bl nicely getting us down to freezing plus it's overnight so an ideal situation..... I'm getting confident (cautiously)

These are the kind of posts that annoy me to no end. Just wait and see. No need to be pessimistic. It's going to do what it's going to do, and either way life goes on. Have some hope for a change.
I wouldn't get so emotional about it. It's just snow. And I'm just kidding with Webb.

Sounds like Trump needs to make the GFS great again. How dare our European competitors have a better model then us. I can here it now. "I'll be making sure that we make yuge changed to our GFS model. It will be the greatest and most sophisticated model ever. Believe me!"

On a serious note glad to see the models honing in on what looks to be a favorable set-up for many hopefully these trends will continue.
You are making avatars great again! Sorry completely side tracked for a second.....

Most of the graphics and models posted have E TN in a lull or as its said stiffed is this due to forecast temperature profiles or dry slot? Looks like GA NC sweet spots.

Soil temperature forecast from the GFS leading into our event... Not bad, we've seen accumulations with much worse, pretty normal looking soil temps tbh

View attachment 1848
Wonder if that pocket of higher ground temps is due to Stone Mountain and Arabia Mountain exposed granite (acting like a heat sink)...
24819125_10214601363091976_1039274315_o.png

I might decide to stay w/ a friend in northern Greensboro if I don't feel confident enough in all snow event for RDU, I've seen this song and dance so many times before...
You can hang with me in Winston Salem!! LOL

Back