• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Here we go.

ecmwf_ptype_se_78.png
g

Tony, I always enjoy reading your posts. Maybe this will be a preview of a bigger storm to come later this winter...hopefully one where the clouds are overflowing with sleet pellets just for you! You're right, those of us who live south of I-20 might as well be living on a deserted island in the Pacific. We have to remind everyone that there are snow (and sleet) lovers down here at the edge of the earth, too! Every now and then, though, the right ingredients will come together and we get a bone thrown our way from the models. Maybe this is the winter for a February 1973 repeat!
Lol, that one was such a heart breaker for me, I was having trouble feeling good about all those kids in the Macon parks sledding, while I was looking at partly cloudy up in Atl. You got the snow of all mid Ga snows, and all I got was a lousy ice storm weeks earlier, lol. Oh, sure it was the worst in Atl history, but that's not anything to crow about :) This is not that, so far, but you could definitely do the Bart Simpson butt flash to north Ga. with some luck, lol. Just don't aim it in Rosie's direction, she's my buddy, and always wishes us well :) Just at all the mets who think I 20 is the end of the weather map world, lol. There is nothing quite so satisfying down here as to getting way more frozen than the airport :) It's just so few and far between, but I have gotten way more depth down here, than when I was in midtown. So being closer to the water can pay off big, when being further from the cold isn't an issue. T

Last edited:
I usually am very skeptical of this (& still am rn) but as I showed w/ that massive list of snowstorms a few minutes ago, the little hope I do have for the US 1 corridor and RDU scoring the jackpot is in a NINA.
ecmwf_tsnow_raleigh_19.png

I usually am very skeptical of this (& still am rn) but as I showed w/ that massive list of snowstorms a few minutes ago, the little hope I do have for the US 1 corridor and RDU scoring the jackpot is in a NINA.
View attachment 1846

Very similar to e18 and e20, and those RDU jackpots you posted. Don't forget the Carolina Crusher was during a Nina, too.

Back