• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Just something to remember as well, the models are notorious for being too quick with CAA. Don't be surprised if the snow line isn't 100-150 miles NW of where the models initially have it even a day before the event.

Certainly can't say that's not probable here (& it is) but the reason we even are talking about snow to begin with is because the storm is so slow that the CAA actually has all the time in the world (a few days) to push into our neck of the woods... I don't think that will be the issue here but eroding what cold air that has already settled in will be

Another good run with the Canadian. Things continue to look good. A couple of inches with this would be better than the storms last winter.

Time is closing in on this time period, as we get closer and closer, and if the NAM continues to show of what it has been showing, the NAM would end up verifying.
10_1.png

b25kog5p3

The TV mets will not mention any winter weather until the NWS is on board. Since the NWS here in Atlanta is on board, the TV mets will now be on board.

What are the chances of seeing at least a Winter Weather Advisory?.
The NWS would issue a special weather statement first. I would not be surprised if a winter storm watch is issued. Of course a winter storm watch won't be issued until 12 or 48 hrs prior of the event.

El K!! Oh, it's a lock for us. Climo says no, the north, that always gets it, gets none, it's a near impossible task, lol. Just like the best storms, very unlikely :) I sure don't think some pellets are out of the question south of the edge of the earth, the I 20 mystery line. Plus, it's only 4 days out...what could go wrong? Good to see you! T
Tony, I always enjoy reading your posts. Maybe this will be a preview of a bigger storm to come later this winter...hopefully one where the clouds are overflowing with sleet pellets just for you! You're right, those of us who live south of I-20 might as well be living on a deserted island in the Pacific. We have to remind everyone that there are snow (and sleet) lovers down here at the edge of the earth, too! Every now and then, though, the right ingredients will come together and we get a bone thrown our way from the models. Maybe this is the winter for a February 1973 repeat!

Back