• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Very similar to e18 and e20, and those RDU jackpots you posted. Don't forget the Carolina Crusher was during a Nina, too.

Yeah there's definitely hope, I mean obviously we still bust in NINAs too so that doesnt mean it's gonna be a jackpot for us but it gives me some legit hope for once lol. Wish I could be in the Triad for this event

How much more NW do you guys think this will go over time? Is it possible that North AL could get anything measureable? Thanks in advance

Yeah there's definitely hope, I mean obviously we still bust in NINAs too so that doesnt mean it's gonna be a jackpot for us but it gives me some legit hope for once lol. Wish I could be in the Triad for this event

I'll keep you Posted: Siting in a perfect spot as of now imo:

I might decide to stay w/ a friend in northern Greensboro if I don't feel confident enough in all snow event for RDU, I've seen this song and dance so many times before...

I think you are safe to pack your suitcase!

Lol, that one was such a heart breaker for me, I was having trouble feeling good about all those kids in the Macon parks sledding, while I was looking at partly cloudy up in Atl. You got the snow of all mid Ga snows, and all I got was a lousy ice storm weeks earlier, lol. Oh, sure it was the worst in Atl history, but that's not anything to crow about :) This is not that, so far, but you could definitely do the Bart Simpson butt flash to north Ga. with some luck, lol. Just don't aim it in Rosey's direction, she's my buddy, and always wishes us well :) Just at all the mets who think I 20 is the end of the weather map world, lol. There is nothing quite so satisfying down here as to getting way more frozen than the airport :) It's just so few and far between, but I have gotten way more depth down here, than when I was in midtown. So being closer to the water can pay off big, when being further from the cold isn't an issue. T
Unfortunately, I wasn't here in '73. I'm originally from north Georgia, but moved here in '98. Even though I missed the '73 storm, I was fortunate enough to experience the storm of the century in '93 (18" and blizzard conditions!) so I think I'm ahead :) Mods, my apologies. I'll focus on storm specific posts from here on.

Back