• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

I'd watch the UKMET over any of this crazy GFS, NAM & Canadian shenannigans. 12z run of the UKMET looked a lot better than it's 00z counterpart before.

In David Chandley's live stream, he said "No snow. Maybe a few flakes flyng in extreme north Georgia but that's it. There won't be a low in the gulf or anything, just a little clipper system squeezing out moisture"

In David Chandley's live stream, he said "No snow. Maybe a few flakes flyng in extreme north Georgia but that's it. There won't be a low in the gulf or anything, just a little clipper system squeezing out moisture"

I understand not wanting to create mass hysteria but overall the models *right now* are not showing snow just in Extreme North Georgia, it just don't understand how he can say it, but then again I'm not a meteorologist.

Ouch. Looking like UKMET is faster and a bit further East with the low. (what there is of it, finally pops way way off the NE coast)

So GFS/UKMet vs Euro/NAM/CMC/RGEM?

I can't see precipitation fields on the maps I have, but versus it's 12z run, it does look to be faster with it and further away. It's a crapshoot at best with the maps available though.

I grabbed this map of total precip (this includes the first rainy stuff),precip gets into SC/NC, but not like the 12z run.

Old (12z run):
old.png

New (00z run):

new.png

Back