• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

If this comes in on Thursday, I don't know how we expected the cold to already be here?

Sign me up
987bdf9553d5209e20ebaeeb97c9da01.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_15.png
I guess I should say it's warmer vs 12z but not a torch plenty of snow would fall on the northwest side

Yeah I should've clarified too, I said cold rain but I meant for my area, WNC looked good as well as some of the deep south.... snow to the GOM lol crazy uncle

Yeah I should've clarified too, I said cold rain but I meant for my area, WNC looked good as well as some of the deep south.... snow to the GOM lol crazy uncle
Looks like we will end up on the fence as always between heavy wet snow and 33 rain

Looks like we will end up on the fence as always between heavy wet snow and 33 rain

Don't worry. It will be 35 and rain. The 33 and rain line will be back toward Burlington, with the 33 and snow line staring somewhere in the Greensboro/Winston area!

Don't worry. It will be 35 and rain. The 33 and rain line will be back toward Burlington, with the 33 and snow line staring somewhere in the Greensboro/Winston area!
You are getting aggressive with the warm nose.

You are getting aggressive with the warm nose.

No warm nose. Just a warm boundary layer. My suspicion is, this will amp up more and throw more precip back into western areas that might actually be cold enough to support wet snow. I just don't see the eastern Piedmont being cool enough. I've seen this show before not pan out for us, even in the heart of winter. It's a very big long shot for the eastern half of NC, IMO.

No warm nose. Just a warm boundary layer. My suspicion is, this will amp up more and throw more precip back into western areas that might actually be cold enough to support wet snow. I just don't see the eastern Piedmont being cool enough. I've seen this show before not pan out for us, even in the heart of winter. It's a very big long shot for the eastern half of NC, IMO.
Well, climo would say that you are correct. However, we won't know until we get more model consensus.

Back